Write First, Clean Later: Blogs, Articles, &…

Write First, Clean Later: Blogs, Articles, & Writing Advice

by L. J. Sellers

blog (1) ebook (1) Kindle (2) non-fiction (1) nook (1) organize (1) random (1) to-read (1) writing (2)

Write First, Clean Later is a collection of articles and posts by mystery writer L. J. Sellers. These short well-written pieces offer many helpful hints for the aspiring writer. From grammatical and style tips to marketing schedules, there is a great deal of information here. Sellers is particularly good at laying out a plan for e-publishing and marketing on your own. This book is useful for anyone who writes, and essential for anyone who hopes to make a living at it
Apparently, this has been reprinted as Blogging my Way to Indie Success. Amazon show the same cover, with Write First listed as OP. Maybe the author could clear this up? ( )
  WaltNoise | Jun 9, 2013 |
I enjoyed reading Write First Clean Later because it taught me more than I thought it would. It is a very well organized book on many different things that Sellers blogged about. I had a great time with some of the new information she taught me. For example, I learned how to create my name in different pseudonyms form on page 14:

1. Real name plus my husband's last name: Linda
Hutchison
2. Gangsta name: (first 3 letters of real name plus
izzle) Linizzle
3. Detective name: (favorite color/favorite animal)
Blue Lemur
4. Soap opera: (middle name and street)
Jean Lorrane
7. Witness Protection name: (parents' middle
names) Patricia Clark
8. Goth name: (black plus the name of one of your
pets) Black Magoo

Wow, I did not know this! She writes in a friendly fun way that anyone can learn from and I look forward to reading her other books.

Her writing will teach you who she is and what she is about. Then she adds her own personal experience with writing her own books. If you want to learn more this book would be great for authors, editors, writers, publisher and readers who wish to write their own books. She motivated me and she will inspire you too.

Jackie Paulson © 2011 LibraryThing gave me a free copy for my honest book review. ( )
  jackie1966 | Dec 18, 2011 |
The main title of the book (Write First, Clean Later) is a nice title in and of itself, but it didn't seem to fit the overall feel of the book. That was the only thing that kept sticking out to me, but it's a minor issue and in no way diminished my enjoyment of the book. The fact is, I love to read almost anything that has to do with writers and how they write. I enjoy being introduced to their routines, their thoughts, their advice, and reading about their success ... especially those who self-publish. This book was no exception. Recommended. ( )
  CynDaVaz | Nov 22, 2011 |
This book is a collection of blogs and articles put together by a tr mystery/suspense writer who is particularly well known in the e book world. I have to say up front that I have not read any of her other books but after reading this one I will!

This was a fun read. A fascinating insight into the mind of an author, she has a wonderful sense of humor and gives plenty of insight into the process of writing books. I read this book in one sitting, not just because i am a fast reader its not not a large book but because I enjoyed reading it so much. She has a writing style that puts you at ease and makes you laugh and think at the same time. If this book is any indication of how good her other books are then i will defiantly check out her mystery novels. Which is good because I am a HUGE mystery novel fan. The only real mystery is that how come I have not heard of her before?! I suspect that's a fault on my part not of her publicity.

I HIGHLY recommend this book. ( )
  Janine2011 | Oct 29, 2011 |

Award-winning journalist and bestselling mystery/suspense author L.J. Sellers shares humorous personal essays, nonfiction features, and a host of blogs about her journey to become a full-time novelist. The book also includes a big chapter with writing, editing, and promotion advice, as well as detailed information about her writing process. The final chapter highlights features she wrote about amazing women in her hometown of Eugene, Oregon. L.J. Sellers is the author of the highly praised Detective Jackson mysteries as well as three standalone thrillers. All eight of her novels have an average 4.5-star rating on Amazon.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:33 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

L. J. Sellers's book Write First, Clean Later: Blogs, Articles, & Writing Advice was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

L. J. Sellers is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

L. J. Sellers chatted with LibraryThing members from Oct 25, 2010 to Nov 1, 2010. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,557,656 books! | Top bar: Always visible