Exiled by M R Merrick

Darn you, Mr. Merrick! You have caused me to go on an emotional roller coaster!

Chase and Rayna are now among some of my favorite characters. They both have so much depth to their emotions. Chase is stubborn and set in his ways, until he encounter with Rayna. He seems to take the new information about the Circle pretty well. There are times when he struggles with what he's known, and the new developments. My one peeve about Chase is that he continuously doubts himself. Rayna is awesome! She's strong, witty, and self-assured. She's a female character I would be happy to have my daughter look up to.

The supporting characters weren't lacking either. Some played minor roles, but you could still spot their significance to the plot. Willy is one of my faves. For a half demon, he's harmless. He's got a fear of many things, especially Vincent, the head of the local vampire coven. I hope to find out why Willy initially drew Vincent's attention.

The storyline wasn't paced too fast or slow. All events lead to the battle toward the end. With each situation Chase and Rayna are put in, Chase learns from his mistakes and more about himself. This is one of the reasons I love his character.

Exiled is a story of loss, betrayal and grief; but also joy and how to find happiness in every day. Definitely grab the tissues though. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
3 ½ Stars ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
Good book though the pacing is almost that of a short story. ( )
  NovaStalker | Sep 12, 2013 |
Not my kind of thing. Nothing actually wrong with it though.
  nicola26 | Mar 29, 2013 |
First things first, how did I not know that M. R. Merrick – a very talented writer – lived mere hours away from me? It’s unthinkable!

But, that he does, and had I not seen numerous POSITIVE reviews for this series from some of my favourite bloggers, as well as the very popular blog tour for the third book in this series, I may not have even thought to pick it up. BUT, seeing as everyone was speaking so highly of the series and the fact that the author was from my very own province, I KNEW I had to give it a try.

I was NOT disappointed!

I started reading this during a day where I had NO OTHER DISTRACTIONS. This is rare because I’m usually glued to my laptop, my phone, my iPod, the dogs, or any other shiny thing that might be in the house. But for this, it was just me and my book. I had no reason to worry though because the story swept me up from page one where I met Chase, a demon hunter, and I read the book in a day.

Chase was an AWESOME character. He was just such a guy, which I loved. And while he was a great main character, I was so happy that the secondary characters were quite awesome and memorable. Rayna, especially, was one of my FAVOURITES and I loved watching her and Chase banter to one another.

Continue reading this review on my blog ...

Read more reviews on my blog, Reading In Winter:
  KristilynRW | Mar 29, 2013 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:28 -0400)

Chase Williams is a demon hunter in the Circle, or at least he was supposed to be. On his fifteenth birthday, Chase stepped up to the altar to claim his elemental power, but it never came. Elemental magic is passed down to a hunter through the bloodline, but on Chase's birthday, the bloodline stopped. Exiled without the Circle's protection, Chase has spent two years trying to survive a world riddled with half-demons and magic. When he has a run in with a frightened and seemingly innocent demon, he learns the Circle's agenda has changed: the Circle plans to unlock a portal and unleash pure-blood demons into the world. Vowing to stop them, and knowing he can't do it alone, Chase forms a reluctant alliance with Rayna - a sexy witch with an attitude and a secret. In their attempt to stop them, Chase and Rayna find themselves in the middle of the Circle's plan, leaving one of them to decide what their friendship is worth, and the other's life depending on it.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,433,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible