Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore

Sacre Bleu (edition 2012)

by Christopher Moore, Euan Morton (Reader)

Member:G_Riv
Title:Sacre Bleu
Authors:Christopher Moore
Other authors:Euan Morton (Reader)
Info:HarperAudio (2012), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Collections:Read, Unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:book club, speculative

Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art by Christopher Moore

English (70)  German (1)  All languages (71)
That's it. I'm done. I like some of Moore's earlier stuff, but now it's just mindless unfunny crap. No mas. You're fired. ( )
  AliceAnna | Aug 31, 2014 |
I enjoyed this book but I found it a little difficult to get into. Perhaps because of my lack of artistic world knowledge. The story was entertaining and I liked where it ended up. ( )
  sraedi | Aug 28, 2014 |
This book was my favorite Moore book, although it's humor is slightly different from his other books. It's dripping with that dry sarcastic French humor I love so much. Not to mention the subject is art related and all the characters are based on French impressionist artists. One of the best humorous books I have read, really was perfect to my tastes but might not be for everyone. ( )
  yougotamber | Aug 22, 2014 |
Ruth Marie Wolf
  KindredSpirits | Jul 10, 2014 |
Creative, entertaining romp. Vivid and very amusing. ( )
  77nanci | Jun 21, 2014 |

Christopher Mooreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Morton, EuanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I always feel like a traveler, going somewhere, toward some destination. If I sense that this destination doesn't in fact exist, that seems to me quite reasonable and very likely true. -Vincent van Gogh, July 22, 1988

Well, I have risked my life for my work, and it has cost me half my reason-- -Vincent van Gogh, July 23, 1890
This is a story about the color blue.

In July 1890, Vincent van Gogh went into a cornfield and shot himself. Or did he? Why would an artist at the height of his creative powers attempt to take his own life . . . and then walk a mile to a doctor's house for help? Who was the crooked little "color man" Vincent had claimed was stalking him across France? And why had the painter recently become deathly afraid of a certain shade of blue?

These are just a few of the questions confronting Vincent's friends—baker-turned-painter Lucien Lessard and bon vivant Henri Toulouse-Lautrec—who vow to discover the truth about van Gogh's untimely death. Their quest will lead them on a surreal odyssey and brothel-crawl deep into the art world of late nineteenth-century Paris.

Oh lÀ lÀ, quelle surprise, and zut alors! A delectable confection of intrigue, passion, and art history—with cancan girls, baguettes, and fine French cognac thrown in for good measure—SacrÉ Bleu is another masterpiece of wit and wonder from the one, the only, Christopher Moore.

Baker-turned-painter Lucien Lessard and bon vivant Henri Toulouse-Lautrec vow to discover the truth behind the untimely death of their friend Vincent van Gogh, which leads them on a surreal odyssey and brothel-crawl deep into the art world of late-nineteenth-century Paris.… (more)

564 wanted2 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,362,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible