Naughty Toes by Ann Bonwill

Naughty Toes (2011)

by Ann Bonwill

I absolutely despise the illustrations, except, I love the wallpaper designs. I love that the dad does the girls' hair before ballet class.  The mixed message is ridiculous:  this is about a girl who wants to express herself more freely, exuberantly, than her classmates.  But until near the end, we just think it's about a girl who is clumsy, or rhythmically-challenged.  So, in other words, it is not effective therapy for me.  And in so far as that done-to-death theme, I recommend the Tacky the Penguin stories instead of this. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The story of two sisters, one being a natural born ballerina, and the other one not so much. Chloe is told by the instructor that she has some "naughty toes." The pianist is able to see that Chloe was meant for something else rather than ballet. This book emphasizes that no two people are exactly a like and everyone has something that they are good at. ( )
  K_Rodriguez | Oct 2, 2014 |
This is a newer book, but it has beautiful illustrations and is very well written. It would definitely appeal to younger children, both male and female readers. It emphasizes non-conformity and originality in a unique way that is important for children to learn. This is a fun book to read! ( )
  jeemra | Nov 27, 2012 |
I absolutely adore this book. Throughout the entire story you are led to believe that Madame Mina does not appreciate Chloe's individuality and prefers her sister Belinda. In the end, Madame Mina understands that Chloe is unique in her own special way and encourages her to follow her true calling. A masterpiece! ( )
  brikayama | May 12, 2012 |
Not everyone is a ballerina ... we need someone to tap dance! ( )
  melodyreads | Oct 25, 2011 |

When sisters Chloe and Belinda start dance class with Madame Mina, Chloe struggles with making her feet do what they are supposed to, while Belinda seems to be a born dancer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,807,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible