Acid Jazz Singer by Nya Rawlyns

by Nya Rawlyns

322,001,085 (2)None
Recently added byHomeLoveBooks, Draak, tewhitney1s

No tags.

I am not sure what I expected from this book. Truth be told I thought it was going to push my mainstream limits when I read the synopsis. Although I have read a couple of books with transvestites in it, they normally aren't the main characters. But regardless I decided to give it a try.

The biggest plus for this book is that is truly a unique book. The characters are very unique and not the character you will kind in your everyday urban fantasy book. But it doesn't make the book any less urban fantasy. I have to give the author props on creating a very unique world that doesn't stick to any formula.

One of the things I had a problem with was even when I was wrapped up in wanting to see where the book was going to go next I would stumble across a paragraph or in some cases that was just confusing, and I would need to reread a couple of times to make sure I got everything down before I could move on to the next page. It got kind of annoying when I had to do it more than a couple of times.

One of the stronger points for the novel is the characters, even though they aren't necessarily the most traditional of characters. Travis is probably the easiest of all of them to identify with, but that is probably helped along by the fact that he was the narrator for the book. The author did a really good job fleshing out Travis as a character, and making it easier for the reader to identify with him as well as want to know what was going to happen next in his life.

The author in general is good at the action scenes as well as creating some vivid descriptions, which is always a good thing to have in a book.

That being said this book just wasn't my kind of book. There were parts that were interesting to me, and I could appreciate certain elements of the book even if they didn't appeal to me. But overall, it really wasn't for me. I am going to give it a rating of "So-So" but if you are in the market for a truly unique take on urban fantasy then I think you should check out this book, it might be just what you are looking for. ( )
  HomeLoveBooks | Mar 25, 2012 |
I did not care for this book. The character RayLee just left me confused. Man, woman, whatever. I had to re-read so many paragraphs just to try and understand what was going on and what they were talking about. Sorry but this was not my cup of tea ( )
  Draak | Nov 14, 2011 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,990,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible