The Meaning of Life . . . and Other Stuff…

The Meaning of Life . . . and Other Stuff (Amelia Rules)

by Jimmy Gownley

I can’t say it enough - I love Amelia! I especially love her as she’s growing up - I think this is my favorite phase in life. Amelia handles it really well, and these books are getting more touching and emotional, without being over the top sentimental. ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Dec 26, 2016 |
This is the seventh graphic novel in the Amelia Rules series. This is a graphic series I would definitely recommend to my students. They will definitely be able to identify with her.
Amelia is a typical middle schools student with the same typical problems as middle school students today. Her parents are divorced, she has earned a reputation as a “bad kid”, and she faces how to help a friend whose father is serving in combat. These are all realistic things that my middle school students face. I’ve read these in e-book format and will definitely purchase these in physical form for my shelves. Really nice graphic novel. This is coming from someone who really doesn’t care for a lot of graphic novels. This one I recommend. ( )
  skstiles612 | Dec 31, 2011 |
I love the fact that every time I read a new "Amelia" adventure I'm so taken in by the story and the characters, that I don't notice any morals or truths that are included in the message of the tales. By this point, the world is so "real" that I easily immerse myself into what's going on, living vicariously through their triumphs, trials and tribulations, and especially zany lives. And when the stories are as powerful as this one, it isn't until you close the back cover that you realize what an incredibly simple-yet-true "Life Message" was also revealed. Jimmy Gownley is a wonderful storyteller who writes with his heart, which is why it's so easy for me to have a soft spot for Amelia :) ( )
  savageknight | Oct 24, 2011 |

While trying to figure out the meaning of life, Amelia learns that even when the world is scary and life is as mystifying as ever, some things, such as friends, do last.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,332,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible