Little Owl's Night

Little Owl's Night (original 2011; edition 2011)

Member:poohbeartdm
Title:Little Owl's Night
Authors:
Info:Viking (2011)

Little Owl's Night by Divya Srinivasan (2011)

A beautifully illustrated picture book with themes of nature and nocturnal forest life. A short and charming read. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jan 27, 2019 |
Our daughter likes this one and it's one of my favorites to read her. The story is charming and the illustrations are beautiful. ( )
  g33kgrrl | Jul 29, 2018 |
Little Owls Night by Divya Srinivasan is cute story about little owls exploration of the forest at night. He sees all the animals that are nocturnal like him. At the end he asks his mother to tell him what happens when the moon goes down, but before she can finish owl has fallen asleep with the rising sun. This story is short and can keep young readers attention. The illustrations are beautiful and full of life even though the story takes place at night and the colors are black white and shadows. I use this story in my classroom when we learn about owls and nocturnal creatures. We also make an owl craft.
  Timmiej | Jul 11, 2017 |
little owl goes on an adventure in the woods at night and notices so many great things
2 book
  TUCC | Jan 23, 2017 |
I believe this is an excellent book to read to young children. The little Owl is curious about the night time and acts as a young child exploring nighttime in the forest. The writing is descriptive but short and simple for the animals' actions but very flowery in the descriptions of the sights and sounds with more complex sentence structure. The main idea is "a day in the night" of an young owl that tires himself out. ( )
  cmcdon18 | Sep 17, 2016 |
To Amma, Appa, and Ramya
I'm so lucky to have you.

– Divya
Little Owl was having a wonderful night.

Little Owl's Night

(Child/Gr PreK-K) It's evening in the forest and Little Owl wakes up from his day-long sleep to watch his friends enjoying the night. A full moon rises and Little Owl can't understand why anyone would want to miss it. Could the daytime be nearly as wonderful?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:34 -0400)

Little Owl enjoys a lovely night in the forest visiting his friend the raccoon, listening to the frogs croak and the crickets chirp, and watching the fog that hovers overhead.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,865,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible