My Friends by Tarō Gomi

My Friends

by Tarō Gomi

5901416,673 (4)1

English (13)  Spanish (1)  All (14)
a fun book about a little girl talking about all her friends that help her learn amazing things (my friend horse taught me how to run fast)
1 large book
  TUCC | Jun 26, 2017 |
This story is great for teaching the word and meaning behind friend. I love that every friend that is introduced the young girl imitates. I love the colorful aspect of this story as well. The words sequencing is short but it visual enough and a great books for early readers. This had been own of my favorite stories since I was little.I have now repurchased it and passed it down to my children. ( )
  BrittanyChalyce | Apr 26, 2017 |
Lesson: Why is it Important to Learn from Each Other?
  ccsdss | Feb 26, 2016 |
Summary:
This story is about a young hispanic girl who expresses the different things she has learned from her "friends." She tells how she learned to walk and jump from a cat and dog, and study and play from her teachers and friend at school.

Personal Reaction:
This is a great book that you can use within a classroom for younger students to help teach about different animals, while also learning about the concept of friends.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1) Things you can learn from nature
2) Teacher there are all different types of "friends"
3) Use the book to teach about the different animals.
  connorshayne | Oct 18, 2015 |
Bruce McCormack talks about the dude he met in LA who lived in Japan for like thirty years and when Bruce McCormack asked him what he thought he was like "Beautiful country. Nice people," and that was that and it was so zen, actually shizen, expressed simply and without pretense. That's Taro Gomi. Here is a girl thanking her friends (the aminals, her teachers, her classmates) for all the things they have taught her. She is sincere (seijitsu ni) and the pictures are lovely (kawaii, of course). ( )
1 vote MeditationesMartini | Feb 25, 2015 |

G

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

A little girl learns to walk, climb, and study the earth from her friends, most of whom are animals.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,551,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible