Wonkenstein (The Creature from My Closet,…

Wonkenstein (The Creature from My Closet, No. 1)

by Obert Skye

Super creative and fun way to introduce my 3rd grader to some great characters from literature. We are really looking forward to the rest of this series. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Really fun middle grade book, half graphic novel, half prose. What happens when your closet is a crazy mess? Things start mutating…that’s how Wonkenstein comes to be! Willy Wonka mixed with Frankenstein - it’s gotta be good! ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Dec 26, 2016 |
Young Reader Reaction: I liked this book because of how Wonkenstein helped Rob through his problems. They had lots of adventures and had so much fun doing them. It was so sad when Wonkenstein had to leave when he finished his mission. The story is very suspenseful and has a great mystery. Fantasy lovers will like it too because there are lots of made-up characters. This is a quick read that you can finish in just a few days. You will absolutely love the excitement this was a great little book.

Pros: Lots of action and humor combine in this mystery/fantasy for preteens. It will also appeal to remedial readers as a high interest / low readability book.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
  TheReadingTub | Feb 7, 2014 |
This book is very funny and I liked all of the illustrations by the author. I alos liked how Wonkenstein was a combination of two famous characters from literature mixed together. ( )
  SebastianHagelstein | Mar 11, 2013 |
Maybe some would consider this a Diary of a Wimpy Kid read alike, it certainly was the reason I read it. While there are unlikable characters in the Wimpy books, the books are good. This formulaic book did not hold my interest and didn't care a hoot about the characters. The plot synopsis was more interesting than the book. Surprisingly, there will be a sequel. ( )
  geraldinefm | Mar 23, 2012 |

Twelve-year-old underachiever Rob has better things to do than read. His parents give him lots of books but most of them just end up in the messy pile of junk he keeps locked in his closet that once doubled as a makeshift science laboratory. One day, Rob hears weird sounds coming from behind his closet door and discovers a funny little creature that seems to be a cross between two characters from books he’s tried to ignore. He names him Wonkenstein.

Keeping track of “Wonk” is hard work. But with help from friends and a little off-the-wall magic, Rob and Wonkenstein’s crazy adventures set the stage for great laughs . . . and Rob might even read some good books along the way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:56 -0400)

Twelve-year-old Rob has stuffed his closet with old laboratory experiments, unread books, and more, and when a creature emerges from that chaos causing a great deal of trouble, Rob has to do such horrible things as visit a library and speak at a school assembly to set things right again.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,420,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible