ROSES ARE RED by Carrie Green

ROSES ARE RED

by Carrie Green

Some of these short stories give you the shivers while others just were creepy. Well written. ( )
  SweetReaderMA | Oct 16, 2011 |
I found this collection of short stories interesting. It goes to show that not everything ends in little puppies and rainbows, and that people don’t always have a heart. People will do horrible things to each other for varying reasons.
This is a collection of 3 short stories. First about an insane criminal with rage issues, second about computers beginning to feel emotions and demanding human sacrifice, the third and final story is about a bounty hunter and a suicidal criminal. (I don’t want to give a whole lot away )
All three of these stories were fabulous in that they did not follow the typical format for most stories. There is no common “blah blah I’ve read this all before” feeling to these stories. I would definitely recommend this author to other readers who are looking for something different. ( )
  demonite93 | Oct 13, 2011 |
Roses Are Red is an interesting collection of stories, from very different genres.

As I read the first one, A Long Distance Relationship, I couldn’t help but think of Poe’s, The Tell Tale Heart. Both stories are short but gripping as the narrator’s conscience drags him down into insanity.

The second story, A Lucky Human, is a sci-fi tale that describes a bond between human & computer that frankly creeped me out. I don’t think I’ll look at my keyboard quite the same again.

The third & final story, Cash, is about a bounty hunter & his fugitive, who he almost sees as a human being with potential, but ultimately just as a paycheck. Nothing much happening here folks, just move along. ( )
  Kathryn_Anne_Merkel | Oct 12, 2011 |

Carrie Green is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible