The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica…

The World of Downton Abbey (2011)

by Jessica Fellowes

Other authors: Julian Fellowes (Foreword)

This book is PACKED full of stuff a Downtown Abbey fan will drool over - interesting stories, beautiful photographs, and fun looks at behind-the-scenes. A lovely book to go with a cup of tea. ( )
  janeycanuck | Jul 27, 2014 |
Great fun for series fans! ( )
  kblinn | Mar 2, 2014 |
The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes

This 'coffee table' book is a lovely pictorial of the making of the hugely popular U.S. series Downton Abbey. There are photos and the telling of how they filmed the show from the making of the actor's wardrobes, to the cooking, to the laundry, to the filming, staging, etc. It is the perfect companion piece for anyone who, like myself, loves the show. ( )
2 vote rainpebble | Jul 29, 2013 |
quite interesting about
1. the times
2. the making
3. the props
4. the clothes ( )
  mahallett | Jul 23, 2013 |
It's a big book but a quick read; many of the pages are beautiful double-page-spreads of photographs with only a quote or a paragraph on them. The one thing that irked me as I was reading is that these DPSs interrupted the flow of the text, so I had to flip back and forth between pages to keep my place in the main narrative.

Other than that quirk of the layout, I really enjoyed the book (as silly as it feels to read a book about a TV show). However, in addition to quotes from people involved in the show, giving insight into their characters or behind-the-scenes info about the sets, there was also genuine historical information that helped round out the story and explain more about life in that time period. I'd definitely recommend this to any fans of the Downton Abbey. ( )
  JennyArch | Apr 3, 2013 |

Jessica Fellowesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fellowes, JulianForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
April 1912 The sun is rising dehind Downton Abbey, a great and splendid house in a great and splendid park. So secure does it appear that it seems as if the way of life it represents will last for another thousand years. It won't.
"My dear fellow, We all have chapters We would rather keep unpublished" ~ Lord Grantham

A companion book to the popular British series about the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants offers insights into the story and characters and background information on British society in the early years of the twentieth century.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,674,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible