The Word Gang

by Mark McKenna

313,294,167 (4)None

I loved this book. It was completely devouring and an awesome read. It reminded me of the movie Stand and Deliver. I really loved how the characters came into something they never thought they be. No one believe in these kids but to learn words and use them wisely really made a stand. I loved how the characters each were unique. They all had different back rounds, problems, etc, but one thing remained the same. They wanted a different life.

The plot line of this book left me happy! I loved that Mr. McKenna drew in the reader with the fialing of education, but how the kids come to learn anyway is amazing. It takes simple faith in the kids and determination that made these kids want to turn their life around.

One teacher in this book made me angry. Instead of praising the kids for their education, he demeaned them, tearing them down. I had a few teachers like that in my life time and let me tell you that it's not right. Teachers are there to teach, help, educate. I like that their families took interest in what they were doing and help them.

If you want to read a great book that is life changing, read this. I can tell you that I love how characters grew before your eyes. Mr. McKenna did a great job in creating a story that is not only true, but happening in our world today. It is an excellent read! ( )
  Bookswithbite | Sep 22, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,334,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible