Nights at the Cuzco by Kara Jorges

by Kara Jorges

322,001,085 (5)None
Recently added bynarkeee, davis22star, nanajlove

No tags.

This is an extremely well written, intricately plotted mystery that had me guessing till the end. I changed my mind about who the antagonist might be at several points throughout the read and I wasn't disappointed by the eventual reveal. I wasn't crazy at first about the Vegas setting as my initial impression was that Vegas is done to death, however, I'm left wondering if the author spent some serious time there as she writes like an insider and I felt that for the first time in a novel, I was actually relishing being there, which is quite a feat in itself. Perhaps the fact that the heroine is an acrobat and I really enjoyed being taken into the behind the scenes of that world. I loved all the characters but most especially the leading lady, Zia and she is quite the lady, especially given the environment she works in and some of the ethically challenged persons that people that world. All in all, an excellent read. ( )
  davis22star | May 11, 2014 |
A delightful surprise, I did not expect th enjoy this book nearly as much as I did. A mystery-romance, this story has it all, including betrayal and adventure involving characters and settings that are not the usual story fodder. I am eager to read more from this author. The characters are well developed and engaging, the pace of the story is excellent.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the author through the GoodReads Giveaway program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 [...] : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  nanajlove | Nov 26, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,884,210 books! | Top bar: Always visible