Hell to Pay by Wendy Corsi Staub

Hell to Pay

by Wendy Corsi Staub

Both Lucy Walsh and Jeremy Cavalon are survivors of abduction and of serial killers; now they are married and expecting a baby. Lucy, who has already suffered two miscarriages, has a tendency to worry; Jeremy is determined to protect his family, to keep their present from being destroyed by their past.

Driven by his need to conceal past actions, Jeremy must never let Lucy . . . or anyone else know . . . the truth of what happened when Papa died. And when Jeremy’s grandmother suddenly dies in an accident, they have no way of knowing that a malevolent predator lurks in the shadow, waiting.
Has the past caught up with Jeremy? What drives their unseen predator? Can they escape the horrors of the past or are they doomed to become the victims once again?

The story begun “Live to Tell” and continued in “Scared to Death,” the first two volumes in the trilogy, concludes here; readers who have not read the first two narratives will find sufficient explanation of previous events to follow this narrative without difficulty. The building suspense keeps the pages turning and the palpable tension keeps readers on the edge of their seats as the emotional roller coaster takes them for a breathtaking ride. As the plot twists and turns toward the final reveal, readers will discover a satisfying end to the tale as well as to the trilogy. ( )
  jfe16 | Aug 19, 2017 |
A long awaited baby on the way, a rent free apartment, it would seem that Lucy and Jeremy are on the road to recovery and happiness. However unbeknownst to them they are being watched. I have read a number of Wendy Corsi Staub's books and she has become one of my favorite authors. She draws me in with her complex characters and unpredictable twists and turns. I would highly recommend "Hell to Pay". ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
"Fresh Meat" by Laura K. Curtis for Criminal Element

Perhaps because my own family had more than a few “boundary issues” and privacy was at a minimum, I’ve always been fond of mysteries that focus on long-hidden family secrets. In her newest novel, Hell To Pay, Wendy Corsi Staub reveals more buried secrets than any genealogical excavator could possibly hope to find.

In many ways, this book—which is my first Wendy Corsi Staub in quite a few years, and I am not sure why—reminded me of a Mary Higgins Clark mystery. (And no, not just because they both have three names!) The pacing and characterization felt similar, and families are a staple of Clark’s work as well.

(Read the rest at http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2011/09/fresh-meat-wendy-corsi-staubs-hell-... )
  CrimeHQ | Apr 11, 2013 |
For my godparents: Aunt Mickey and Uncle Lorrie.

And for my aunts and uncles:

Aunt Rita and Aunt Marian,

Uncle Sam and Uncle Ron,

who have been there for me all my life.

And for Mark, Morgan, and Brody, with love.

With special gratitude to Laura Blake Peterson,

George Catalano, Theresa Gottlieb,

Brooke Johnson, Nanci Kennedy, Bob Mackowiak,

Lucia Macro, Wendy Nevid, Paula Santo Donato,

Dave Schudel, Chris Spain,

and last alphabetically but far from least, Mark Staub.
Something is wrong.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061895083, Mass Market Paperback)

And so it begins . . . again.

Survivors of a serial killer who invaded their childhood, Lucy Walsh and Jeremy Cavalon are married now, replacing nightmares of their terrifying past with joyful dreams of the upcoming birth of their first child. Fiercely determined to protect the fragile balance of their lives, Lucy doesn’t know that her new husband guards a deadly secret . . . or that an Act of God is about to unleash a vengeful fury.

For shell-shocked Lucy and Jeremy, the horrible death of a loved one is a tragic accident. But for a shadowy predator, it’s the first step toward completing a deadly mission that was interrupted so long ago. Now, at last, the members of the Walsh and Cavalon families will pay for their sins, one by one . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:49 -0400)

As they await the birth of their first child, Lucy Walsh and Jeremy Cavalon, who survived the attacks of a serial killer as children, become trapped in a nightmare with a shadowy predator who has come to finish what he started.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,722,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible