Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage

Three Times Lucky (edition 2012)

by Sheila Turnage

Title:Three Times Lucky
Authors:Sheila Turnage
Info:Dial (2012), Hardcover, 256 pages
Tags:children's fiction, mystery, orphans

Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage

Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath (foggidawn)
    Savvy by Ingrid Law (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: With homespun storytelling and fascinating companions in tow, two distinctive Southern girls are on involving missions: Moses LoBeau to find her real mother and solve a murder (Lucky), Mibs Beaumont to control her magical talent and save her injured father.… (more)
    The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (C.Vick)
    C.Vick: Very similar stories. Foundlings, spunky heroines, milder mannered best friends...

English (51)  Swedish (2)  All languages (53)
Utterly goofy and improbable, but not without a certain charm. The character Dale, the heroine's best friend, was adorable. ( )
  lucybrown | Sep 27, 2015 |
I really liked this book and I loved the second in the series. Mo and Dale are clearly written characters with individual quirks that make them interesting but never unreal. Mo has some flaws and I don't like them, but overall I like her better for having them. Dale is delightful. If I could time travel into the future twenty years, one thing I'd do is look to see how many more Tupelo Landing books I can buy and enjoy. As it is, I'll have to wait for the third in the series and hope that the author has plenty more planned. ( )
  Merryann | Jul 9, 2015 |
MO, short for Moses is a spunky and smart rising sixth grader who washed up in one of the meanest hurricanes in history.
She lives in a small town called Tupelo Landing in North Carolina with a population of 148, she Lives with the Colonel and Miss Lana who run a cafe.
In the begging a not very well liked man named Mr.Jesse is murdered.
Mo and her friends set out to find the murderer, but then Miss Lana and the Colonel are kidnapped!
Can Mo and her friends find the murderer and save Miss Lana and the Colonel in time? You'll have to rad to find out.
I really like this book. I liked it because it gave you a sense of excitement and suspense until the very end, it was a real page turner.I recommend this book to mature readers because there is a bit of foul language and things that could make younger readers quite scared. ( )
  KatiePU | Mar 22, 2015 |

Sheila Turnageprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Friedman, MichalNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my parents-Vivian Taylor Turnage and A.C. Turnage, Jr.-who taught me to love books.
Trouble cruised into Tupelo Landing at exactly seven minutes past noon on Wednesday, the third of June, flashing a gold badge and driving a Chevy Impala the color of dirt.
His newt, Sir Isaac, stirred in the terrarium. (p. 209)

Mo LeBeau lives in the small town of Tupelo Landing, NC, where everyone's business is fair game and no secret is sacred. She washed ashore in a hurricane eleven years ago, and she's been making waves ever since. SHe's found a home with the Colonel-a cafe owner with a forgotten past of his own-and Miss Lana, the fabulous cafe hostess, and will protect those she loves with every bit of he strong will. So when a lawman comes to town asking about a murder, Mo and her best friend, Dale Earnhardt Johnson III, set out to uncover the truth in hopes of saving the only family Mo has ever known. (ARC)

Washed ashore as a baby in tiny Tupelo Landing, North Carolina, Mo LoBeau, now eleven, and her best friend Dale turn detective when the amnesiac Colonel, owner of a cafâe and co-parent of Mo with his cook, Miss Lana, seems implicated in a murder.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,722,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible