The Power Years: A User's Guide to the Rest…

The Power Years: A User's Guide to the Rest of Your Life

by Ken Dychtwald

271402,159 (2)None

Amazon: "Do you want to stop worrying about money and start having more fun? Do you wish you had more time to spend with family and friends? Do you want to live the life you always envisioned? Then it's time for your Power Years.
The Power Years is your step-by-step guide to repowerment and personal reinvention after forty. In this unique guidebook, world-renowned psychologist and leading authority on aging Ken Dychtwald and award-winning journalist Daniel J. Kadlec combine their decades of cutting-edge research and reporting to reveal how you can make the Power Years the best years of your life—by far. As we baby boomers move into the next stage of life, we now have the opportunity to experience a mold-shattering period of reinvention and personal growth, career liberation, nourishing relationships, and financial freedom. The Power Years helps us envision and embrace this new chapter of life as we develop a carefully thought-out plan for personal fulfillment.

Rediscover your life's purpose
Find a new balance between satisfying work and enjoyable leisure
Thrive in the home and location of your dreams
Rekindle long-held passions and/or find new interests
Rediscover and forge vital relationships
Keep your financial life running smoothly
Contribute to society and leave a lasting legacy
Have fun again!
From staying connected with your kids, family, and friends to going back to school for the fun and challenge of it, from finding new companions to volunteering, from exploring a new career to traveling the world, The Power Years is your complete road map to living your best possible life—right now.

The Power Years is a step-by-step guide to repowerment and personal reinvention after forty. In this unique guidebook, Ken Dychtwald and Daniel J. Kadlec combine their decades of cutting-edge research and reporting to reveal how readers can make the Power Years the best years of their lives. The Power Years helps readers envision and embrace this new chapter of life as they develop a carefully thought-out plan for personal fulfillment. Sharing inspiring stories of fascinating people and plenty of prescriptive advice, the authors reveal how to rediscover life’s purpose, find a balance between work and leisure, rediscover and forge vital relationships, keep finances running smoothly, and more. The Power Years is a complete road map to living the best possible life–right now.

""My life keeps getting better, not just because I've enjoyed success in the business world, but because I wake up every day with a passion for what I do. You can—and should—discover that feeling too. Let Dychtwald and Kadlec show you how. They've written a crisp, actionable guide to a great rest of your life.""
—Donald J. Trump, Chairman of Trump Enterprises and author of Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life

""The Power Years, brimming with insights culled from decades of leading-edge research, turns conventional notions of retirement upside down. This upbeat, thoroughly enjoyable book will help you both envision and fund your dreams. Truly, it's a 'user's guide to the rest of your life.'""
—Jane Bryant Quinn, author of Making the Most of Your Money

""Are you going to live longer—or will it just feel like it? The Power Years is a wonderful guidebook that helps us realize our potential by redefining our expectations as we mature and grow more powerful. An exceptional resource for anyone ready for a new view of their coming decades.""
—Mehmet C. Oz, M.D. ( )
  clifforddham | Nov 2, 2015 |

Sharing the inspiring stories of fascinating people as well as plenty of prescriptive advice, the authors reveal how you can:Rediscover your life's purposeFind a new balance between satisfying work and enjoyable leisureThrive in the home and location of your dreamsRekindle long-held passions and/or find new interestsRediscover and forge vital relationshipsKeep your financial life running smoothlyContribute to society and leave a lasting legacyHave fun again!

—Jane Bryant Quinn, author of Making the Most of Your Money

—Mehmet C. Oz, M.D., Professor of Surgery at Columbia University and author of YOU: The Owner's Manual: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

“For anyone beginning the second

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:17 -0400)

Suggests ways to enjoy the second half of one's life to the fullest, in terms of personal relationships, economic stability, and intellectual challenges.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,078,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible