Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes…

Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day

by Jeff Hertzberg, Zoe Francois

I'm one of those nerdy cooks that actually reads my cookbooks and cooking magazines, including the introductions and helpful information in the front and back of publications. In the case of this well written instructional cookbook, the first several chapters provided me helpful information on bread baking that I had not found elsewhere. In simple language, I learned important details on different types of flour and ingredients that can cause changes in recipes and the end product. I found useful lists and online links to find tools and equipment that would make the process of making high-quality pizzas and flatbreads that much easier. I was also fascinated by specific techniques that will make the whole process that much more enjoyable. I must emphasize that all the information was well written and easy to understand. (As you might know, many cookbooks are not so user friendly.) It's rare that I feel so confident after just reading a few instructional chapters, but in this case I do and I am left with the feeling that the recipes included in the rest of the book are mostly "nice to have" idea stimulators because I now understand the basics of good dough preparation and baking. Whether you are an experienced baker or a novice, I think you will too. ( )
  laweiman | Jan 30, 2012 |
Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day follows the highly popular Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The authors have turned their focus to pizza, making it not only easy for every home cook to obtain the best possible results, but also making it such a quick and painless process that you will be tempted to eat pizza everyday! It has the same format as their previous books with first a master recipe, then many interesting variations. Heavy on detailed instructions, there are just a few color photos to give you an idea of the final product.

Master Recipe Olive Oil Variation - This is an easy, reliable recipe that has replaced my standard pizza dough recipe. I do love that you can have it just sitting in the fridge waiting to be used. It makes weeknight homemade pizza a cinch.

The Ultimate Tender Neapolitan Crust - I made this recipe to use up some extra cake flour I had on hand. It definitely changed the texture of the crust though I found it pleasantly chewy rather than tender.

Sauce from Canned Tomatoes - Easy and delicious. I will make this again and again.

White Pizza with Spinach -
This was the big wow recipe of the book for me. Fabulously good pizza with not much effort. This is a pizza I crave, then eat all week once I have the ingredients in the house.

Individual Breakfast Pizza -
Fun Sunday breakfast for kids. I made it in muffin tins and it was tasty.

Its hard to argue with fresh, easy pizza. I can't imagine there are many households out there that don't need a copy of this cookbook! ( )
  frisbeesage | Dec 30, 2011 |

Jeff Hertzbergprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zoe Francoismain authorall editionsconfirmed
In memory of our first editor, Ruth Cavin (1918 - 2011), who took a chance on us and our cookbook idea. Her love of good food inspires us still.

To my mom, who always seemed to have fresh bread in our house.
--Jeff

To my dad, who taught me to live life with a sense of curiosity and adventure.
--Zoë

From the bestselling authors of the ground-breaking Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day comes a much-anticipated new cookbook featuring their revolutionary approach to yeast dough in over 100 easy pizza and flatbread recipes.

With nearly half a million copies of their books in print, Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François have proven that people want to bake their own bread—as long as they can do it quickly and easily. When fans hailed their pizza and flatbread recipes as the fastest in their books, Jeff and Zoe got busy creating all new recipes. With a batch of their stored dough in the fridge and a pre-heated oven or backyard grill, you can give your family what they crave…

Home-made, mouth-watering pizzas, flatbreads, and sweet and savory tarts, prepared in minutes!

In Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day, Jeff and Zoë show readers how to use their ingenious technique to make lightning-fast pizzas, flatbreads, and sweet and savory tarts from stored, no-knead dough.  In addition to the classic flatbread doughs and pizza crusts, there are alternatives with whole grain, spelt, and gluten-free ingredients, and the authors include soups, salads, and spreads that turn flatbreads or pizza into a complete meal.  In just five minutes a day of active preparation time, you can create favorites like Classic Margherita, Pita pockets, Chicago Deep Dish, White Clam Pizza, and Blush Apple Tart.  Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day proves that making pizza has never been this fast or easy. So rise…to the occasion and get baking!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:18 -0400)

Presents more than one hundred recipes for pizza and flatbread, discussing ingredients, equipment, and the techniques that can be used to create dishes in five minutes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,229,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible