Wonder Woman #1 by Brian Azzarello

I really enjoyed this. I'm just starting to get into comic books, so these are a bit of a revelation to me right now.

First, the artwork for this comic was sick. I feel like I didn't really appreciate it enough on the first reading, so I'll probably go back to look at every panel about another hundred times. It was the artwork more than the story that really hooked me, and propelled the story forward in my opinion.

Second, the story itself was passable. I felt that there a few things that were just thrown in there that didn't really have anything to add to the plot of the story, but again, this is a comic book, and they may just be structured differently than novels, so who knows. The faulty mythology concerning the Amazons did make me cringe a bit, that whole bit about Amazons hating men, and hating having sex with men to reproduce, just seemed lazy to me, because it's not accurate, but I can be really anal about stuff like that.

As a whole, I really enjoyed this. It was a fun, quick read, and I'll be getting the other volumes, as I want to see what happens. I would recommend this. ( )
  Nazgullie | Dec 19, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible