Hunted by Kevin Hearne

Hunted

by Kevin Hearne

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles (6)

Recently added byBluella1208, tatorg, private library, Allie.Weinzapfel, CrookedBuckeye, StephieTG, perjonsson

English (26)  German (1)  All (27)
I do not really know what to write about this book that I have not already written in my reviews of the previous five books in this series. The dialog, especially with Oberon, can be quite funny although that is now quickly getting old. Atticus childish and immature behavior, which is not at all what one would expect from a two-thousand year old druid and which was a minus from the start, is really getting old. All the various gods are pretty much made into assholes, criminals, pedophiles and anything else the author can find to throw at them and that is not only getting old but is plain annoying to read.

I have to confess that I more or less speed-read through some parts of the book because I was so fed up with all the unintelligent nonsense so I might have missed some details but I doubt that I missed something I personally would have found worth reading. If you like reading comic magazines in book form you might like these books. To me this series have turned too much into a disappointment and I think I will stop after this book or at the very least make a very long pause.
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
A+

This one is my favorites in the series so far. I love the treatment of the Greek/Roman Gods. Not quite like Disney did it! ( )
  fierce_bunny | Jul 30, 2017 |
Whey, a series where not everything gets worse and worse and worse! I actually started to be worried that this would be a series I stop to read before it gets even worse - and then Hunted came along and, well, it's not 'happily ever after', but it's not 'oh gods, we're all gonna die horribly in a second' either. It feels a bit like a turning point and I really hope this is not so we can be crushed in the next volume. ( )
  KalessinAstarno | Nov 4, 2016 |
The main characters are chased across multiple countries and hunted by several gods. One god is no more, but her reason isn't fully revealed. Did she give up or did she put up a good fight.... Recommend the series. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Fun read, if not always well written. ( )
  libgirl69 | May 11, 2016 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the Confederacy of Nerds:
AK, Barushka, Alan, Tooth,
and Pilot John
It's odd how when you feel safe you can't think of that thing it was you kept meaning to do, but when you're running for your life you suddenly remember the entire list of things you never got around to doing.

For a 2,000-year-old Druid, Atticus O’Sullivan is a pretty fast runner. Good thing, because he’s being chased by not one but two goddesses of the hunt - Artemis and Diana - for messing with one of their own. Dodging their slings and arrows, Atticus, Granuaile, and his wolfhound Oberon are making a mad dash across modern-day Europe to seek help from a friend of the Tuatha Dé Danann. His usual magical option of shifting planes is blocked, so instead of playing hide-and-seek, the game plan is...run like hell.

Crashing the pantheon marathon is the Norse god Loki. Killing Atticus is the only loose end he needs to tie up before unleashing Ragnarok - AKA the Apocalypse. Atticus and Granuaile have to outfox the Olympians and contain the god of mischief if they want to go on living - and still have a world to live in.

Two-thousand-year-old druid Atticus O'Sullivan, Granuaile and the wolfhound Oberon race across modern-day Europe to try to escape the clutches of Olympian goddesses Artemis and Diana and the Norse god of mischief, Loki.

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,983,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible