Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles 5) by Kevin…

Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles 5) (edition 2012)

by Kevin Hearne

Member:JPKangas
Title:Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles 5)
Authors:Kevin Hearne
Info:Del Rey (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:English novels
Rating:***

Trapped by Kevin Hearne (Author)

The only thing I should have to say about this book ( and author) is that I always have a great time reading the books.

I still have some Issues with Granuaile and the relationship the gets closer here. That said I do think she is an interesting foil for Atticus and a well written character in general.

I can't wait for the next books! ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
While enjoyable, this was not as good as the previous Iron Druid books that I've listened to. It centers around the initiation process of Atticus's apprentice, Granuaile, and his efforts to bind her to the earth and make her a full-fledged Druid. There is plenty of action but that appears to be thrown in just to provide, well, plenty of action.

As always, Luke Daniel's narration is excellent and, once again, he has managed to turn Atticus's mangy wolfhound, Oberon, into a comic genius worthy of star billing. ( )
  Unkletom | Aug 2, 2016 |
A big jump forward in time, and a more engaging story on a much larger canvass. ( )
  jmkemp | Jul 5, 2016 |
Once I read the blurb on Trapped, “Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice to the Earth” I had a sense of foreboding. I knew exactly what was going to happen. Atticus would spend the whole book trying to complete the ritual with Granuaile and it wouldn’t actually happen until the very end. I wasn’t wrong.

There’s a lot I enjoyed in Trapped. The story is action-packed and fast paced as Hearne throws a myriad of obstacles at Atticus. I appreciated the chase, and also seeing how accomplished Granuaile has become, even before she gets her druidic powers. It was also great to see Atticus finally become proactive and go on the offensive for once. The interplay between the two of them and the continued will they/won’t hey of their potential romance amidst the mayhem, was well done.

On the downside, the book was predictable, especially with dragging out the binding. There was a lot of running around, but very little if anything was resolved. This left me somewhat undecided about how to rate the book. I was glad Granuaile finally becomes a druid, but disappointed that everything else that happens was obviously set up for future novels (the Dark Elves, Loki teased again, the vampires).

Overall, I enjoyed Trapped but it still felt like a bridge novel - filler between two greater stories. I’m eager to see what happens with the Dark Elves and, eventually, Ragnarok, but hope the next book has a more self-contained plot. ( )
  jshillingford | Jun 21, 2016 |
Fun read, if not always well written. ( )
  libgirl69 | May 11, 2016 |
To sum up, Trapped is a bit incomplete in and of itself, but still an entertaining addition to the overall story arc Hearne is building. The series delivers serious entertainment value for your hard-earned dollars. Just make sure you start with the first book, rather than this one. If you do, you won't be disappointed.

Hearne, KevinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To those who have glimpsed divinity in beauty
or
to anyone who's ever had to think about baseball
You know those spastic full-body twitches you get sometimes when you're almost asleep and your muscles want to play a practical joke on your brain?

After 12 years of secret training, Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he’s still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave.

Having no other choice, Atticus, his trusted Irish wolfhound, Oberon, and Granuaile travel to the base of Mount Olympus, where the Roman god Bacchus is anxious to take his sworn revenge - but he’ll have to get in line behind an ancient vampire, a band of dark elves, and an old god of mischief, who all seem to have KILL THE DRUID at the top of their to-do lists.

After twelve years of secret training, Atticus O'Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he is still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave. Having no other choice, Atticus, his trusted Irish wolfhound, Oberon, and Granuaile travel to the base of Mount Olympus, where the Roman god Bacchus is anxious to take his sworn revenge, but he will have to get in line behind an ancient vampire, a band of dark elves, and an old god of mischief, who all seem to have KILL THE DRUID at the top of their to-do-lists… (more)

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

99 wanted2 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,126,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible