The Dinosaur Who Lived in My Backyard…

The Dinosaur Who Lived in My Backyard (Picture Puffins)

by B. G. Hennessy

This book would be good to use when talking about dinosaurs that roamed the earth. It would also be goo to use when talking about how the land changed. I think students will like this book because they will think he has a pet dinosaur and then realize he is talking about an extinct dinosaur from his area. ( )
  Kate_Schulte078 | Apr 29, 2015 |
Summary: This book describes what it was like to be a dinosaur, brontosaurus, and that they lived right where we are living now. It shows how big they were to our everyday life, such as how much they ate, such as vegetables, that they were bigger than our cars and houses. The little boy who tells the story really wishes he could see one today, and how he has hope to see one, and is saving Lima beans just in case.
Personal Reaction: Our children really love to hear stories about dinosaurs and this one shows them and tells them a lot of information that they can relate to.
Classroom Extension Ideas: After reading and talking about how big their feet are, we can make a copy of a dinosaurs feet and with a sponge, stamp the foot on butcher block paper. Then let the kids stamp or paint their on feet on the paper too, to see the difference in size. ( )
  graycl | Feb 2, 2013 |
A cute book about a boy telling the story of the dinosaur who lives in his back yard. At the end of the book you find out he is talking about the dinosaur who once lived in his backyard many many year ago. Its a fun story to keep children wondering. I would use this book during a dinosaur lesson with K-2nd grade.
  TorrieM | Feb 17, 2009 |
This is a very good book for young students studying dinosaurs. It is fun and has fun pictures. Students could make there own book about dinosaurs.
  jhsmith | Sep 29, 2008 |

There used to be a dinosaur who lived in my backyard. Sometimes I wish he still lived here. We would have lots of fun together!

A young boy imagines what it was like long ago when a dinosaur lived in his backyard.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,730,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible