Hungry Hen by Richard Waring

Hungry Hen

by Richard Waring

This hungry hen is very very hungry. So hungry in fact, that it literally gobbled up his predator. There wasn't much to this book and I wasn't the biggest fan, I did however, anticipate a different ending. I assumed the hen would be too big for the fox and they would share the hen's food, guess I was looking for a happy ending. ( )
  MeganSchneider | Feb 8, 2017 |
Age: Primary
Review: The hen gets fatter and the fox gets hungrier until the hen eats the fox. This book is a simple and easy fantasy. It has an ironic ending and s easy enough for beginning readers. ( )
  kwilson14 | Feb 2, 2017 |
I'd be willing to bet that little kids like this - and that is what matters. However, although I enjoyed the style of the illustrations, I saw the ending coming from the beginning, and wasn't able to find anything special in the concept or text. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
There was a hen he was always hungry. She ate and ate and also grew. Every morning the fox would see the hen getting bigger and bigger. He said he will wait some more so the hen would get bigger. Finally he went to go eat the hen but in the end the hen ate him. I love how this story ends its very funny and i really enjoyed it. ( )
  lruano | Oct 2, 2014 |
The hungry hen loves to eat, and eat she does. Even in the face of danger she manages to save herself by eating. ( )
  Srwhite | Sep 23, 2014 |

There once was a very hungry little hen, and she ate and ate, and grew and grew, and the more she ate, the more she grew.

Up on the hill lives a cunning fox. He watches the hen every day and thinks, "If I wait just one more day, the hen will be even bigger."

Then one day he can't wait any longer...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:48 -0400)

A greedy fox watches a hungry hen growing bigger every day, knowing that the longer he waits to eat her, the bigger she will be.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,260,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible