Waking Storms (The Lost Voices Trilogy) by…

Waking Storms (The Lost Voices Trilogy)

by Sarah Porter

This book was really good, I can't wait for the next one ( )
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |
I have several problems with this series, and this book, in particular. First, the character development is weak, as is the relationship between Dorian and Luce. There’s a lot of discussion of rape and abuse in these books, but the author only focuses on the escapism and never the actual issues at hand. It’s almost as if the books are gruesome just for the sake of being gruesome. Murdering abused baby girls (mermaid larvae) for the fun of it? No thanks. I found myself having to skip parts of the story because they were just too terrible to read. I only recommend this as an optional purchase for collections that have the other books in the series. ( )
  RussianLoveMachine | Mar 14, 2014 |
Lost Voices submerged us in a world of alluring mermaids with angelic voices; existing as a result of human cruelty. While the fear of being exposed to humans is always an issue, the greatest danger came from among the mermaids themselves. Waking Storms now brings the threat of human discovery to the fore and the boy rescued by Luce is the key.

We resurface to follow Dorian, alive and suffering. He struggles with feelings of hatred and thoughts of revenge for those who killed his family, blaming Luce most for her siren song stuck within him. Our dear Lucette also has a lot on her mind; practicing her newfound ability to move water, pressures to become queen, and her consuming curiosity of the boy with bronzeblond hair. What will happen to her now that she has broken the timahk? Will Dorian reveal what she has done? Who made the rules anyway and what are the true consequences of disobeying them?

In a tale of friendship and enmity, love and hate, trust and betryal, Porter takes us on a deep dive into emotions of every sort. Waking Storms leads us on a current of finding to a drift of losing. This sequel of the hauntingly beautiful series, The Lost Voices Trilogy, will have you on edge at the impending peril and the unknown of what is to come. The storms have arrived; now who will survive?

Maybe the most evil thing about you isn't even that you kill people. It's what you do to the ones who survive.

Porter, Sarah (2012-07-03). Waking Storms (The Lost Voices Trilogy) (p. 29). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.

It’s starting, Luce thought, but she barely understood the words. It’s starting, it’s starting...

Porter, Sarah (2012-07-03). Waking Storms (The Lost Voices Trilogy) (p. 389). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.
  CLovestoread | Jan 11, 2014 |

CLovestoread | Jan 11, 2014 |
Actual rating: 2.5 stars ( )
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |

After parting ways with her troubled mermaid tribe, Luce just wants to live peacefully
on her own. But her tranquility doesn’t last long: she receives news that the tribe is
on the verge of collapse and desperately needs her leadership. The tribe’s cruel queen
wants Luce dead. Dorian, the boy Luce broke mermaid law to save, is determined to
make her pay for her part in the murder of his family. And while the mermaids cling to
the idea that humans never suspect their existence, there are suddenly ominous signs
to the contrary.
But when Luce and Dorian meet, they start to wonder if love can overpower the
hatred they know they should feel for each other. Can Luce fulfill her rightful role as
queen of the mermaids without sacrificing her forbidden romance with Dorian?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:36 -0400)

As a mermaid versus human war looms on the horizon, Luce falls in love with her sworn enemy Dorian and assumes her rightful role as queen of the mermaids.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,093,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible