Chasing God, Serving Man by Tommy Tenney

Chasing God, Serving Man

by Tommy Tenney

712168,809 (2)1

This follow-up to Chasing God, Serving Man was filled with great stories of the faithful and concrete applications for the ideas from the first book. I loved it - and I KNOW I will use it as a reference and idea book for my personal devotional life and as I teach and mentor others.
  TeriLynneU | Apr 10, 2007 |
At first I did not like this book - I thought it was too simplistic. But, as I continued to read, I loved it. Tenney discusses in a compelling, relevant way how we combine Mary's God Chasing with Martha's Man Serving in order to create the most hospitable palce for Christ to dwell. I found myself lost in the wonder of making that a reality in my heart - and my home.
  TeriLynneU | Apr 10, 2007 |

Chasing God, Serving Man examines the great arena of conflict that involves the worlds forced segregation of the "spiritual" from the "secular." Without the mediation of Christ Jesus, these two opposites continue to repel one another, whether it is in the Church, the workplace, or the home.

Tenney calls for a forging together of the passion for God and compassion for man. This will take a divine encounter somewhere between Martha's kitchen and Mary's worship.

The ultimate goal is more than a momentary or occasional visitation - it is nothing less than habitation. This much we know from the New Testament pattern: "If Mary and Martha are both in the house, then God is happy." The key is for God's people to cross "the dividing line of passion and compassion" and meet Him at the junction of the Cross - the single point in time and space where passion for His presence crosses with compassion for His highest creation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:14 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,755,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible