Beloved LifeMate: Song of the…

Beloved LifeMate: Song of the Sídhí #1

by Jodie B. Cooper

322,001,085 (4)None

No tags.

A gateway from Sidhi caused all the races to get relocated to Earth with o way home. Miranda is part elf and part vampire, a half blood monarch. The story starts with her out for a quiet night walk when a gateway is opened up. First she is worried that the elvish monarch is planning on invading Earth.

Chi’Kehra would like nothing better than to read one of his romance books but has a meeting with one of his generals from Earth. He keeps spies on Earth to monitor the activities of the Sidhi. Basically he does what he can to keep the peace and keep them from coming back to Sidhi to cause another war. But when he looks at his gateway he sees Miranda. Of course, there are problems at first but they learn that they are LifeMates.

Once I figured out what was going on, I was a little slow to catch on to this story, I liked the world that is created, very vivid. I like the concept of the LifeMates and how the different worlds have different viewpoints. But I admit that I was rather annoyed about the condition Miranda finds herself in. Beyond that, I am interested in seeing how this series progresses.

I received this from the author for a review. ( )
  jbronderblogs | Jan 5, 2012 |
So what happens when a powerful elvish monarch,the Chi'kehra of the old world of Sidhi opens a doorway from Sídhí to Earth?
He then stumbles upon a beautiful halfling girl who may spell doom for his entire world. When she turns out to be his predestined lifeMate, he knows without a shadow of doubt, his day has gone from bad to worse. Full-bloods, especially royals, never mate with halflings.
~ ~ ~
So what's a girl to do when her destined lifeMate tries to kill her?
It all begins late one night about midnight ~ the only realistic time for a blood drinker to be out and about.
Miranda is having a fun-filled trip to Tulsa, celebrating her seventeenth birthday. Well, it was fantastic until her lifeMate tries to kill her.
Life as she knows it has changed partly down to the fact she is almost too injured to even move unaided. At the moment her most pressing problems are about to come down to two critical facts: She needs to stay away from sharp swords and try not fall off the commode!

I initially found it difficult to get into this book at the beginning of it as it is talking about "Sidhi Politics"
Once Miranda and Colin meet is when the book really starts, I am calling this a book, but you could describe it as either a novella or short tale. I loved that the scenarios in the tale were looked at from both Colins point of view and his thoughts, then it switches and you get Mirandas feeling, thoughts and view. Am certainly not an old romantic but I did love the concept of the "Song of the Sidhi" and the whole Lifemates theory. Even though this Lifemate theory is in the story the story in my opinion is still suitable for the YA/Teenage market. I feel this short tale also sets the scene for the following books (well, i hope there as good!) so you get the facts like Silver reduces Sidhi powers, that sidhi can speak to each other in their minds telepathically rather than verbally. It also explains the importance of the Chi'kehra is and that they control the crystal that is within everyone, and they can move/support objects with it. I found the book interesting and a great read that after one false start (not due to the book) I read in one sitting. Am looking forward to reading more of Miranda and Colin's tale. I hope there is more of Miranda and Colin, that's the only fault I had, i wished it was longer,...a full length novel. I would also say that this series is aimed at the older teen/adult due to the content.
  Sanz71 | Sep 24, 2011 |

Jodie B. Cooper is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,654,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible