Middle Time by Priya Vasudevan

Middle Time

by Priya Vasudevan

212,551,640 (3)None
Recently added byniyogibooks, Allizabeth
art (1) biography (1) culture (1) heritage (1) history (1) India (1)

Description:

Maya is a present day Chennai-based lawyer who is investigating the mysterious death of her client, Tulsi - but everyone is a suspect; including Tulsi's mother, husband, and daughter, who act strangely about her demise. So, in order to find the truth, Maya goes into sleuth-mode and finds a metal box under a mattress that contains an old paperback diary. Little does she know, that the book will transport her to sixteenth century India where a temple dancer, Achale, is investigating a similar murder, the strange death of Thulasi - a case that parallels Tulsi's more than Maya would like to admit. Can Maya figure out how the murders are linked and catch the "killers" before they strike again? Or will she run out of time like her client did?

Review:

I am always up for reading something different, so when I spotted Middle Time, I knew that I had to give it a try. Priya Vasudevan has a beautiful writing style and the ability to create realistic characters, but there were a few sections where I felt that the level of detail was lacking. Some of the sections didn't flow as well as they should have, primarily because of the language differences, but it didn't take much away from the overall experience. Most of the character dialogue was easy-to-read and entertaining, although, there was a "translated" feel where certain words came together, which in-turn slowed down the pace. I still finished this book in a couple days, and was satisfied with the story-line and its mid-level suspense. For Priya Vasudevan's first book, I see a lot of potential for books in the future, especially with her creativity and attention to detail/research. I recommend this book to adults who want to experience a double suspense spanning India during two time periods.

Rating: Bounty's Out (3/5)

*** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. ( )
  Allizabeth | Jan 8, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,470,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible