What's My Type? by Kathleen V. Hurley

What's My Type? (1991)

by Kathleen V. Hurley

This is an Enneagram I have only recently come to. It is quite good and I need to purchase a copy. It shows how each of the nine personality types deal with the three prime centers of intelligence. The authors terms for the nine centers are: 1-Achiever, 2-Helper, 3-Succeeder, 4-Indiviualist, 5-Observre, 6-Guradian, 7-Dreamer, 8-confronter, 9-Preservationist. The preferred center for 2-3-4 is affective, for 5-6-7 it is theoretical, for 8-9-1 it is effective. But, the 3-6-9 repress their preferred center and dance betweeen the other two. There are secondary and third center. for the 2-4, 5-7, 8-1. (Secondary for 2 & 7 are effective, for 4 & 8 are theoretical, and for 5 & 1 are affective). The authors use Kaballah imagery for defining the the 'Divine Image'. The ransformational path for the 1 is to Pathfinder,for the 2 to Partner, for the 3 to Motivator, for the 4 to Builder, for the 5 to Explorer, for the 6 to Stabilizer, for the 7 to Illuminator, for the 8 to Philanthropist, for the 9 to Universalist. An intersting book that I need to reread. ( )
  vpfluke | Dec 21, 2008 |
To be able to learn is to be young, and whoever keeps the joy of learning fresh is forever young. -- John G. Bennett
From Kathy:
To My children: Mike, Casey, Erin and Mark, who have loved and encouraged me, laughed and dreamed with me, and who now celebrate with me.
From Ted:
To Brandon, my little friend, whose laughter, love and vulnerability in the midst of suffering transform my world and teach me the true meaning of life.
And from Kathy and Ted:
To all who have participatd in our Enneagram seminars; You have been our faithful teachers, communicating to us the wisdom of life.

Hurley and Dobson explore how the wisdom of the Enneagram allows you to bring out the best in yourself and others. Delving deeper than other systems of personality exploration, the Enneagram system of nine distinctive patterns of unconscious motivation reveals the primary sources of our behavior and the reasons we live as we do.

Through detailed descriptions and discerning self-inventory questions, Hurley and Dobson make discovering your personality type fun and easy. They provide simple, proven methods for neutralizing negative attitudes about self and others and releasing untapped potential. Armed with the Enneagram's insights, readers learn to transform weaknesses into strengths, break free of crippling patterns, choose new ways of relating to others, and enjoy balance and harmony. For example:

The Achiever can move from dissatisfied perfectionism to effective leadership and become a Pathfinder.
The Observer can move from fear of commitment to curiosity and courage and become an Explorer.
The Helper can move from over-involvement in the lives of others to mutual relationships and become a Partner.

Inspirational, easy-to-use and practical -- What's My Type? puts the Enneagram system to work for you.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:15 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,080,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible