The Storm That Is Sterling (A Zodius Novel)…

The Storm That Is Sterling (A Zodius Novel)

by Lisa Renee Jones

Recently added byEden00, Stickarmz, Gawood, wintertopaz, srbp

The Storm that is Sterling, Book #2 of the Zodius series

Author: Lisa Renee Jones

Synopsis: He was created, molded, formed from life, love, and misery… Lethally daring and ruthlessly passionate. He invites death to his door, welcomes it with each breath he draws, each step he takes. And thus, he is danger— a volatile storm that will sweep across the calm realms of humanity and shake it to the depths of its core. And that storm is…
Sterling Jeter, Renegade Super Soldier, is fearless, powerful, and wildly unpredictable. His life-threatening mission is to save the beautiful, brilliant astrobiologist Rebecca Burns from ruthless villain Adam Rain. But their immutable mutual attraction threatens to put them in the path of death… or worse…

Our Review [by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Guest Reviewer – Debbie Talbot]:

First things first. reading the Zodius series has been my first foray into any of Lisa Renee Jones’s books. I was asked to read The Storm that is Sterling for my book club. To prepare I started the Zodius series from the beginning with The Legend that is Michael. The series is about a group of soldiers who, being told they were getting a immunization, were actually being forced to participate in a government program to try to make a better soldier. Project Zodius was a Top- Secret Military program that took 200 soldiers and injected them with alien DNA turning them into what they call GTECH Super Soldier. GTECHS are faster, stronger, quicker healing and are all together much, much harder to kill. They can all travel or “windwalk” on the wind, and some are developing other abilities also. They are charged with protecting humanity as we know it; even if they don’t totally consider themselves as “human” anymore.

The 1st book sets up the series and gives you a strong desire to see these guys rise above all that is done to them and win in that all time struggle between Good and Evil. One thing you figure out is that everything isn’t black and white or good or evil.

When I started the book, The Storm that is Sterling, I had already fallen in love with Sterling. He is 100% my kind of Hero. He is cocky, dangerous and sexy too. His life has been hard. He has lost all of his family. His friends, the other GTECH Renegades, are all he has now and he will risk everything he is in the fight to keep Adam and his Zodius soldiers from trying to take over the world.

Rebecca is a strong independent woman who is used to handling all life gives her without burdening anyone else. She grew up with her Father and Brothers being in Special Forces in the military. After losing them she knows that she doesn’t ever want to feel the fear again that comes from being a wife or child of a soldier.

When Sterling and Rebecca come face to face in the beginning of the book they already have a history together. Since they had grown up in the same town, the leader of the Renegades Caleb sends Sterling to try to get Rebecca to help their cause. She is one of the only astrobiologist’s left in the world that might be able to come up with a cure for the people Adam is selling ICE to. The only problem is the night he finds her Adam attacks them at her house and Sterling is seriously injured. Adam wanting control over Rebecca forces her to take the drug or he will kill Sterling right in front of her. She’s knows that taking it, even one time will make her completely addicted to Ice and to miss even one dose will kill her. What she didn’t know is that the drug that is like a synthetic version of what made the GTECH soldiers also will cure her of the illness that is killing her.

I can say that this book by Lisa Renee Jones surprised me by the range of emotion I felt. I went from biting my nails suspense, to heart wrenching tears, from steam up the windows heat, to laughing so loud I woke my whole house up. I will be anxiously waiting for the next Zodius book THE DANGER THAT IS DAMION. As I wait, I plan on reading many more of her books.

LITERAL ADDICTION’s Guest Reviewer gives The Storm that is Sterling 5 skulls and would eagerly recommend the Zodius series to all Paranormal Romance fans or anyone who wants a great emotion filled, action packed read.
  LITERALADDICTION | Nov 13, 2011 |
If you read my review of The Legend of Michael, book 1 in the series, you know I loved it. I had some fear this one would fall into a second book slump but it was just as good if not a tad better. I absolutely adored Sterling. He was a brilliant computer hacker, had a smoking body and is a super soldier but he also has a smidge of self doubt that he just isn't as good as the other Renegade soldiers because of his more limited wind walking abilities. Still he is on the front lines trying to protect the general population from a deadly drug called, ICE, put out by their enemies, the Zodius led by Adam who also happens to be the twin brother of the Renegades leader, who hope to control the inferior "humans". Enter Rebecca who he went to high school with and they have always felt an attraction to one another and just happens to be one of the few people who can help find a way to neutralize ICE. Sparks fly between the two and they realize just how well they complement each other. I liked that she was smart, sweet and after being forced to take the ICE drug she developed some kick ass powers as well.

Both the action and romance are non-stop and it is pretty amazing how neither suffers from the fast pace. It's hard not to love both Sterling and Rebecca and some of the villains also surprised me. It was like watching a big fish swallow a smaller fish only to be swallowed by an even larger fish. Jones keeps you guessing over who will still be standing in the end. We are also introduced to the son of the Zodius leader's son who if there ever was a devil spawn he appears to be it. I can't wait to see where the story is going to take him and the part he will play in the battle between the brothers.

If you are a fan of Christine Feehan's Ghostwalker series I definitely suggest you check this one out. ( )
  dasuzuki | Nov 7, 2011 |
THE STORM THAT IS STERLING by Lisa Renee Jones is an exciting paranormal romanatic suspense that will have you turning pages from the beginning to the last page. It is Book #2 “A Zodius Novel”, see “The Legend of Michael”.But “The Storm That Is Sterling” can be read as a stand alone. It is full of danger,love,romance,heart pumping adventure,action,good vs evil,a sweet sensuality,captivating suspense,a struggle between two brothers to contol the world,and two hearts finding each other. “The Storm That Is Sterling” is the story about Sterling Jeter,a sexy,handsome,breed of super soldier with super remarkable powers and Rebecca Burns,a astrobiologist,who has cancer and is the only one alive who can save ICE users from this deadly super enhanced street drug(ICE). Rebecca is kidnapped and injected with the deadly ICE drug that has been killing its users. While,the drug has helped her cancer it could be killing her,she must find a cure and reason why it is killing others. Sterling, and Rebecca are old friends from high school and attracted to each other. Sterling will do anything to help his cause and save Rebecca. Together,they take on Adam Rain,the “Zodius”the rebel GTECH leader,and the evil twin to the Caleb Rain,The Renegades leader. This is a fast paced story that is full of sexy,edgy,heart pumping adventure with suspense,danger and romance. A must read. This author will not disappoint any paranormal,suspense,adventure,intrigue or romance reader. What an amazing series “Zodius” is. This book was received for review from the publisher.Details can be found at Sourcebooks Casablanca and My Book Addiction and More. ( )
  tarenn | Oct 27, 2011 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. The book follows its two main characters, Rebecca and Sterling and there journey together. Rebecca is a brilliant scientist who worked for NASA, and Sterling is a special operations soldier who is trying to find and way to stop an evil man’s plan to essentially enslave humanity with an alien made drug. Sterling needs Rebecca to help combat this new drug, only it turns out that Rebecca and Sterling have a history together, and as it turns out they still have chemistry together.

Part of the reason I really enjoyed this book is the unique premise. I read a lot of paranormal romance and urban fantasy books, and most of them focus on some type of paranormal creature or person. This book really does not rely on those at all. In fact the only other “non human” people are people who have been injected with alien DNA which alters their own DNA structure and gives them “powers” or special abilities. But the reality of it is almost everyone in this book was born human. Even though everyone was born human, it still felt like a paranormal romance book.

The book is really fast paced; in fact I am pretty sure the entire book takes place in at most a week. This basically translates into a lot of action, and not a lot of down time for the characters or the reader. This certainly helped to keep me engaged in the story, and is probably why I read the book in one sitting. That is not to say that the characters did not have any down time, Jones did a good job at slowing the book down and showing the reader the more personal side of the characters.

Another thing I really liked about the book is that the relationship between Rebecca and Sterling was really well written. The intimate scenes did not feel cheesy or contrived, they all felt really natural to the characters, the plot, and well written in such a manner that made them believable.

If you are looking for a good paranormal romance then this is for sure a book for you, especially if you are looking for a new take on the paranormal element. If you aren't looking for a story with a strong romantic element then maybe this isn't the book for you. But that being said I would highly recommend this book, I thought it was great read, very fresh and inventive, and highly enjoyable; I couldn't put it down. ( )
  HomeLoveBooks | Oct 25, 2011 |

"He may be invincible to everyone else... Sterling Jeter has remarkable powers and has shown himself to be just about indestructible. But beautiful, brilliant Rebecca Burns knows that even a Super Soldier needs comfort, and so much more... But she can see that deep down he's just a man... Sterling and Rebecca's teenage romance was interrupted, but years later the heat between them flares back to life. Even though it endangers everything they're fighting for, it's impossible to resist picking up right where they left off..."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,440,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible