The Vampire's Seduction + His Magic Touch by…

The Vampire's Seduction + His Magic Touch

by Cynthia Cooke

91950,433 (3.25)None

The Vampire's Seduction, I believe, is a continuation of another of Cooke's books, Rising Darkness. This book makes references about things that happened in Rising Darkness, but as I didn't read it, there are some parts I am confused about. Damien can be both a vampire and a demon hunter, right? Why is Damien and Nicholai estranged? How did Darby, a human, become a vampire's assistance?

There were also other parts of the story I had trouble with, but I don't feel like going into much detail. Just that I don't really find Nicholai and Mari's romance, and the lack of security at Vindecare, believable. The ending...I was not expecting it when it happened even though I knew the pages were running out fast. I'm also not sure what to believe about the side character, Ally. The story about Mari's mother was very interesting though.

This book also includes the novella, His Magic Touch. The hero, Trent, left when he found out his girlfriend(?) was pregnant. He is a demon hunter; he attracts demons and is always on the move, so he left to protect the two. Eight years passes by and he comes back because his daughter is in danger from a demon. His ex, Sera, is understandably not delighted, but at the same time it is still annoying to read. Doesn't help that due to the limited word count, the characters don't develop fluidly. ( )
  starlightgenie | Oct 16, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373618697, Mass Market Paperback)

Finding out she was a witch had upended Mari Saguna's staid life, but being thrown into a war between dark, otherworldly creatures in New York City surpassed the surreal. Her coven battled a clan of vampires…and caught in the middle were Mari and one vampire hellbent on rescuing his kidnapped brethren.

No spells could protect her from Nicholai, the potent, mysterious seducer. No potions could assuage the longing he'd awakened in her. In his lair, Mari wasn't sure she wanted protection…until she discovered Nicholai's dark intention. Could she believe the enemy she'd come to love meant to destroy her? And would it matter when Nicholai discovered she—and her blood—were her coven's secret weapon?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:12:25 -0400)

"Finding out she was a witch had upended Mari Saguna's staid life, but being thrown into a war between dark, otherworldly creatures in New York City surpassed the surreal. Her coven battled a clan of vampires ... and caught in the middle were Mari and one vampire hell-bent on rescuing his kidnapped brethren. No spells could protect her from Nicholai, the potent, mysterious seducer. No potions could assuage the longing he'd awakened in her. In his lair, Mari wasn't sure she wanted protection ... until she discovered Nicholai's dark intention. Could she believe the enemy she'd come to love meant to destroy her? And would it matter when Nicholai discovered she-and her blood-were her coven's secret weapon?"-- Cover verso.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,625,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible