dismiss

Fables Vol. 8: Wolves by Bill Willingham

Fables Vol. 8: Wolves (edition 2006)

by Bill Willingham

Series: Fables - Urban Comics (8), Bill Willingham's Fables (Vol. 8, Issues 48-51)

Collecting Issues #48-51 of writer and creator Bill Willingham's award winning Vertigo series, Wolves also includes newly created maps of Fabletown and the Homelands illustrated by Willingham and as a special bonus, Willingham's complete script to the double-sized issue #50.
Member:sablebadger
Title:Fables Vol. 8: Wolves
Authors:Bill Willingham
Info:Vertigo (2006), Paperback, 160 pages
Collections:Comics

Fables, Vol. 8: Wolves by Bill Willingham (Author)

This series is very consistent, and the wedding was quite nice. The reference to Israel was a little weird, though. ( )
  peterbmacd | May 17, 2020 |
It's been over two years since I broke off reading 'Fables' because I'd reached the end of my library's collection. A chance spotting at a used bookstore allowed me to snag the next two books in line.

There are couple of hanging plot threads I need to reacquaint myself with, but this was a great collection and I'm sad it took me so long to get to it. The main plot is, of course, Mowgli tracking down Bigby and bringing him back to Fabletown for a special mission. That mission is awesome.

I also liked the Cloud Kingdom subplot that brought more intrigue into play - and I love Cinderella.

There's not much else I can say, since I don't want to spoil anything. Its hard to believe that this story isn't even halfway through - not even counting the spinoffs. Worth checking out and worth the wait.

Fables

Next: 'Sons of Empire'

Previous: 'Arabian Nights (and Days)' ( )
1 vote ManWithAnAgenda | Aug 9, 2019 |
I've only been waiting FOREVER for more Bigby action!!! After Bigby's self-exile from Fabletown, Prince Charming decides that enough is enough. He sends Mowgli to track down where in the world the wolf went. Prince Charming has a plan and he can't do it without Bigby. He promises to find a way for Bigby to be with Snow White and their children, which is all that Bigby really wanted anyways. The task he's given is beyond dangerous but he's definitely the man for the job. Nothing will get between him and his family. ( )
  ecataldi | Jul 31, 2018 |
This is an outstanding book! It very nearly stands alone from the series; there's enough history woven into it to make the story make sense. But I think having read the previous books makes this one all the richer.

I don't entirely like how Bigby's face is drawn - in a lot of frames, he seems to have forgotten to put in his dentures. But that's the closest to a complaint I have about the art; it's otherwise outstanding. Some of the cover art is breath-taking.

And I do believe I have a massive crush on Mowgli. He's all grown up and terribly appealing in this series. I hope we get to see more of him (and I don't just mean his body, but I won't cry about that either) in the next books. ( )
  hopeevey | May 19, 2018 |
I love this graphic novel series...takes on all our favorite fairy tales with a twist. LOVE it. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |

Pepoy, AndrewIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vozzo, DanielIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jean, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Bill Willingham's Fables (Vol. 8, Issues 48-51)
For the love of my life, now my beautiful wife, Irma.

— Mark Buckingham
This one is dedicated to Bucky and Irma, of course.

— Bill Willingham
By late November, I reach the small port town of Provideniya.
A tiny naked miracle appears before us!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,601,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible