All I Want Is You by Sherrill Bodine

All I Want Is You

by Sherrill Bodine

As the saying goes, it’s not personal. It’s business. In Sherrill Bodine’s latest contemporary romance, her heroine, Venus, completely disagrees. She decides to make things very personal. Venus believes that Connor Clayworth O’Flynn and his company ruined her father’s reputation by firing him unfairly with false accusations. She’s willing to do anything, even cozy up to one of her least favorite people, Connor himself. She has a stroke of luck when she buys an antique broach from Connor’s Aunt Bridget. The broach turns out to be a key piece in a three-decades old mystery, and Connor believes it should be back with his aunt. Despite a longtime lust/hate relationship, they agree to work together. Venus will return the broach if Connor helps to clear her father’s name. In the meantime, sparks fly…

ALL I WANT IS YOU is part romance, mystery and suspense in one. The strained relationship between Connor and Venus made for some spicy chemistry. Venus was fiery and determined to clear her dad’s name, while Connor played it cool as much as he could. They both had their own agenda for “playing nice” together, but neither could deny the strong attraction growing between them. Considering how much Venus was supposed to hate Connor, they moved from friends to lovers very quickly. I was never convinced they actually despised each other. Connor was way too sweet on her. I think my favorite part of the story was the brouhaha over the remarkable broach, which added a cozy mystery flair to the mix. I couldn’t wait to find out how the mystery played out. ALL I WANT IS YOU is a light and fun contemporary romance. Other related books: TALK OF THE TOWN and A BLACK TIE AFFAIR. ( )
  bookofsecrets | Dec 12, 2012 |
All I Want is You by Sherrill Bodine
4 STARS
All I Want is you made me want to go buy some more books from Sherrill Bodine! It had lot of different characters that I could see that have been in past books and ones that could be having their own books.
It was a fast and enjoyable read.
Venus owns a second hand store of quality old items, she is the jewelery specialist.
Her father was fired a few months ago and he signed a paper that he can't discuss his reasons with anyone and his employers had too. Her fa ther had worked for the same company for years and his daughter Diana still works for them. Their other sister is marrying into the family.
Venus believes her father is inocent of whatever crime he was accused of. Her father said to let it go. Venus can't let it go and figures out a way to find out more by flirting and getting close to the enemy Connor who is in charge of the family
business.
Venus goes to Connor's Aunt to help her clean out her closet and finds a copy of the stolen pin that is valuable even for a copy and Bridget offers it to give it to her.
Tells her that her fiance Tony for the past decades gave it to her but that night has bad memories of it. So Venus buys it and later is wearing it when interviewed by tv show.
Tony see Venus wearing the pin and Bridget & Tony have a big fight over it. Conner gets the idea if he gets the pin back can help them work out their fight.
The next day Venus store is robbed and lots of damage made. Bus she had the pin on her.
After Conner asks her to give or sell him the pin back. Venus takes the pin and really looks at the stones in it and realizes its not a copy but the oringal pin that was stolen long ago. Venus goes to tell Bridget about the pin. Tony looks guilty.
Venus believes in Tony and her father no matter how guilty they look. She is going to lay a trap and find out with her for bait wearing the pin.
I liked the story. I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
01/01/2012 PUB Grand Central Publishing Imprint Forever ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 3, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446584355, Mass Market Paperback)

SHE'S STEALING HIS HEART . . .

Vintage boutique owner Venus Smith is stunned to realize her newest acquisition comes with a larcenous legend. Stolen years ago, the antique mermaid brooch belongs to the Clayworth family. The right thing to do would be to return it, but that means facing Connor Clayworth O'Flynn, the sexy department store heir Venus has had an unrequited crush on since childhood-and the man who helped ruin her father.

ONE KISS AT A TIME

Connor knows that Venus has never forgiven him for what happened between their families. But business isn't personal, even though Venus's father's betrayal still cuts him like a knife. So when Venus proposes a deal-she'll return his family's brooch if he helps clear her father's name-he reluctantly agrees. As action-packed days turn into flirtatious fall nights, it isn't long before old memories resurface . . . and new desires ignite. Can two young lovers leave the past behind? Or must they first admit that all they've ever really wanted . . . is each other?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:14 -0400)

When she acquires an antique mermaid brooch that belongs to the Clayworth family--the very same family that ruined her father--vintage boutique owner Venus Smith approaches Connor Clayworth O'Flynn, making him an offer he cannot refuse.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,415,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible