The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That…

The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's… (2012)

by Jonathan Cahn

I borrowed this book from a friend after a long philosophical discussion. I had told him I loved to think and question everything, which then lead him to question my religion, which I had told consisted a mixture of all different religions because I believe they all teach love, kindness, and respect.

Before anyone starts a debate or starts smashing beliefs, let’s get on to the review, shall we?... (More via website) ( )
  VesperDreams | May 20, 2018 |
What can I begin to say about this book, except, this another book of the kind we have come to expect from Cahn. The Rabi has done it again.

Hitting home, time and time again that America is heading down the path of self destruction and calling upon the wrath of God for her turning her back on Him.

This book touches on political events, natural disasters, wars, crime, you name it and Cahn has touched upon it.

Once more Cahn proves that America must return to her first love, God. Unless she does, she is doomed. The end of this nation will come.

Eye opening. Reaffirming. Commanding. It is a must read for every Christian. ( )
  texicanwife | May 13, 2018 |
Y'all are crazy ( )
  Joanna.Oyzon | Apr 17, 2018 |
I broke a record reading this book. I quit after only four pages.
In THE HARBINGER, Jonathan Cahn claims that one sentence in Isaiah predicts the disasters that are occurring in the United States, such as 9/11. He says that not believing in and following God doomed us.
Cahn has the right to express his opinion, so I will not discuss that except to mention that belief in a religion often leads to disasters, such as the Inquisition and 9/11. However his writing style leaves a lot to be desired. On page 3 he writes "the table was situated in front of a huge glass window through which one could see a vast panorama of city skyscrapers with similar windows." Architects and designers are paid big bucks so that the windows on buildings do not look the same. There are different shapes, sizes, and sometimes colors. Some are sectioned. Some have drapes, shades, or blinds behind them. Those differences would be obvious to a viewer.
The main character is trying to get support to promote his message. He goes to speak to a woman to get her backing. The conversation proceeds:
"It's a message of alarm."
"An alarm?" She asked. "An alarm of what?"
"Of warning."
"To whom?"
"America."
"Why?"
One would think that in order to sell an idea, especially to reluctant audience, a person would be speaking in sentences and paragraphs and not wait for the other person to pull out the information.
At this point I went online. I looked at reviews and read that his style does not change during the book. I also saw that the author, who has a messianic congregation and who calls himself a rabbi, was never ordained. The use of the title is misleading.
I decided I had better things to do with my time and stopped reading. ( )
  Judiex | Apr 17, 2018 |
Nouriel relates to Ana how he discovered the Harbingers through the help of a prophet: America is headed for God's judgment if they don't pay attention, just like Israel before the Assyrians and Babylonians invaded, and the key is in biblical prophecy.

Where do I start? Let me say straight up that this absolutely fails as a story. There is no plot. There is no character development. The only reasons the characters exist is to have a prolonged, repetitive conversation - that's really all the book is, there's barely anything that's not dialogue - espousing a specific point of view (that, I hasten to add, is not shared by all Christians) that America as the "new Israel" is headed for judgment if we don't return to God, and that events like 9/11 and the stock market crash in 2008 were specific warning signs laid out in biblical prophecy. If this were presented as a nonfiction argument, I actually might have engaged with it more. Though I don't agree with the premise of America as a "new Israel," I'd be willing to engage about the judgment of God on the nations throughout history, and slightly interested in the parallels Cahn draws if not entirely convinced.

But The Harbinger is a sermon masquerading as fiction. I checked out early and found myself getting progressively more annoyed with plot holes the size of craters. Nouriel gets one revelation in the form of a dream that helps him understand the connection between Solomon's dedication at the Temple and George Washington's inauguration, which let's be honest, even in nonfiction form wasn't going to convince me of anything. Sometimes Nouriel's insightfully putting pieces of the "puzzle" together, and other times he's incredibly ignorant - did you really think America began in 1776? Please don't insult my intelligence. Finally, if the prophecy is so important, why does the unnamed prophet literally take years to impart the message to Nouriel? And don't even get me started on the overuse of ellipses... Frankly, I'm surprised that this book is as rated highly as it is even if everyone who read it agreed with everything Cahn says. I don't even know how to rate it. I read most of it in two days yet never would've finished it if I didn't have to. ( )
  bell7 | Feb 17, 2018 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 161638610X, Paperback)

Is it possible...

That there exists an ancient mystery that holds the secret of America s future?

That this mystery lies behind everything from 9/11 to the collapse of the global economy?

That ancient harbingers of judgment are now manifesting in America?

That God is sending America a prophetic message of what is yet to come?

Before its destruction as a nation, ancient Israel received nine harbingers, prophetic omens of warning. The same nine harbingers are now manifesting in America with immediate ramifications for end-time prophecy.

Hidden in an ancient biblical prophecy from Isaiah, the mysteries revealed in The Harbinger are so precise that they foretold recent American events down to the exact days. The revelations are so specific that even the most hardened skeptics will find it hard to dismiss or put down. It sounds like the plot of a Hollywood thriller with one exception... IT S REAL.

The prophetic mysteries are revealed through an intriguing and engaging narrative the reader will find hard to put down. The Harbinger opens with the appearance of a man burdened with a message he has received from a mysterious figure called The Prophet. The Prophet has given him nine seals, each containing a message about America s future. As he tells of his encounters with The Prophet, from a skyscraper in New York City, to a rural mountaintop, to Capitol Hill, to Ground Zero, the mystery behind each seal is revealed. As the story unfolds, each revelation becomes a piece in a greater puzzle the ramifications of which will even alter the course of world history.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:45 -0400)

"The Harbinger opens with the appearance of a man burdened with a message he has received from a mysterious figure called The Prophet. The Prophet has given him nine seals, each containing a message about America's future ... As the story unfolds, each revelation becomes a piece in a greater puzzle -- the ramifications of which will even alter the course of world history."--Publisher's website.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,515,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible