Heller (Heller, #1) by JD Nixon

Heller (Heller, #1)

by JD Nixon

J.D. Nixon’s Heller (Heller, #1), like Bonnie R. Paulson’s Why Me? (A Date to Die For #1), had been among one of the first in a set of ebooks that I’d read back in the earlier days of my new presence on the Internet. It had been the year 2012, to be exact, when I read this high octane—and memorable—tale about a young woman named Matilda “Tilly” Chalmers, who desires to obtain a successful career in the security industry. And even though I’d composed a detailed review of Heller (Heller, #1) immediately after completing it during that time, I, unfortunately, cannot locate the analysis today—despite my high and low search efforts. My conclusion? I stored the review away with a small batch of others in my secondary city, and neglected to bring them back with me to my primary city.

So, for the sake of recognizing this sexy and incredibly exciting page-turner of an action thriller that I’d had the pleasure of reading, I’ll say this: Heller (Heller, #1) is an intelligently-written and cozy fiction. And I enjoyed it to a great extent—especially all of the romantic tension that hung, thick, between Tilly and the powerful, no-nonsense Heller.

Well worth the read, I highly recommend the five star commendable Heller (Heller, #1).

Props, J.D. Nixon! ( )
  CatEllington | Jul 7, 2017 |
This writer is amazing! I have been hooked and reeled into the Heller world. Awesome read. It was very difficult to put the book down so that I could get at least 3 hours of sleep before going to work!! Tilly, the main character, is a disaster magnet who also collects quite the hodge podge of misfits for friends and co-workers. This is a must read series! ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Tilly is like the Australian Stephanie Plum... feisty chick way in over her head, hot boss she reuses to sleep with. Lots of fun! Looking forward to the rest of the series. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
I read Blood Ties by this author and was somewhat hooked on the writing style. So, I thought I would try the other series to see which I liked best before committing to all the books in the series

JD Nixon is a good author that develops characters that you will identify with - if you are female. I am not and I was unable to care for Heller the primary male heartthrob in the story. I do find the writing to be crisp with little wasted prose. The story flows nicely. The author has a great imagination, humor, and wit.

I did prefer her other story line - Blood Lines but that is her shorter series. Hopefully the author will go back to little town for her next foray. ( )
  honoliipali | Sep 23, 2013 |
Most unexpectedly (especially for a free book!), it was a fun and sexy light read. It's not for people who like polite language and is rather like reading a comic book, but it was fun to read something sexy from a female point of view, filled with 'eye'-candy males. ( )
  emanate28 | Jul 20, 2012 |

Book 1 in the Heller series. Despite having no experience or skills, Tilly Chalmers can't believe her luck when she lands a dream job in a security and surveillance business owned by the dangerously attractive Heller. But she soon discovers her new boss is a man of many secrets. And what is she to make of the strange group of people who live with him? After her first two assignments go disastrously wrong, and with a ruthless competitor on the scene, Tilly must decide if she has what it takes to survive the rough world of security work.… (more)

JD Nixon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,748,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible