Me and My Shadow by Arthur Dorros

Me and My Shadow

by Arthur Dorros

Whenever light shines upon an object, that object has a shadow. If the light changes an angle, the shadow also changes. This book explains how a gigantic shadow is what gives us day and night and the children in the book experiment on how this works by shining a flashlight on a ball in a dark room! This would be an excellent example when teaching the Earth's rotation. The book covers all kinds of shadows from a light source, drawing shadows, playing shadow games, puppet show shadows, eclipses, x-rays, and sonograms. ( )
  tmahlie | May 2, 2018 |
This was a cute book that talks about shadows and how everything has a shadow. I would use this book to help my students with development skills. The book had a cute way of explaining the concept of shadows and I like the technique it used. ( )
  kdufrene | May 1, 2015 |
This book introduces the topic of shadows and how they work. THey start off with talking about making shadows with light and objects, then it starts to discuss eclipses and how different phases of the moon work. ( )
  cbrandt | Mar 28, 2012 |
This book explains what shadows are. Everthing has a shadow including people, the Earth, the moon, and x-rays. It also contains fun experiements and acttivites children can do to enhance their understanding of shadows. ( )
  ebruno | Jun 28, 2011 |

Explains what shadows are, how and when they exist, and how they reveal the size and shape of things around us.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,567,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible