Look How a Baby Grows (Poke and Look) by…

Look How a Baby Grows (Poke and Look)

by Giovanna Mantegazza

ANYTHING about babies gets me interested. I love how this book was child friendly about how babies grow and developed. I'd definitely share this book when we're working on growth and development. ( )
  aalkurd | Sep 26, 2013 |
First the baby is born and welcomed into the family. A young girl is curious about where her baby sibling came from. The narrator talk about before the baby was born and what happens inside the mother. The narrator talks about how the baby progresses inside the womb. The narrator then talks about how twins are born and the cell splitting. The baby is born and the work still doesn't stop. ( )
  SarahChaisson | Feb 8, 2012 |
A good book to teach younger children about this sensitive subject. I would leave this book to the parents, though. Not because of the subject but because of the age group. I feel it is a parents choice if they want to have this talk with their children so early (the book looks appropriate for about 5-7 year olds). I probably wouldn't use it in a class, but I might one day have it on hand as a parent for when that question is finally asked of me. ( )
  jrlandry1410 | Nov 20, 2011 |
Very informative for children to learn about "where babies come from" without being too graphic. I feel it is just enough information for a child and is presented in such a way that is very understandable./ ( )
  smorales | Oct 5, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0448409259, Spiral-bound)

A spiral-bound poke-and-look book brings young enthusiasts to a busy farmyard and introduces many of the animals, objects, and tasks that can be found there, from feeding the livestock to harvesting crops.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:30 -0400)

Follows the growth of a baby both inside the mother's body and out in the world as a newborn.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,485 books! | Top bar: Always visible