Dark World: Into the Shadows with the Lead…

Dark World: Into the Shadows with the Lead Investigator of The Ghost…

by Zak Bagans

English (5)  Hungarian (1)  All (6)
This book was written and reads in Zak's dramatic tone. There is nothing to surprise you in this book. It's really just extra stuff to the Ghost Adventures TV show told by Zak's perspective as well as a bit of his biography.

If you're a fan of the show, you'll enjoy the book, that's the only reason I give it 4 stars. I'm not saying that Ghost Adventures guys are legit or their investigations are legit, but the book was fun and interesting. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
I am a fan of Zaks. I love watching his show Ghost Adventures. His book was a fun read. I have seen all of the shows and getting more of a background on them was very insterting. ( )
  dstawarz | Aug 20, 2013 |
Dark World, by Zak Bagans, Kelly Crigger.

Zak Bagans is passionate for paranormal investigations. He is an experienced advocate of scientific inquiry, in developed theories for advancement with paranormal research.

Digital recorders capture paranormal voices at above and below frequencies, than human ears can detect. Paranormal spirits composed of weak energy manifest into sound or sight with a contact having a greater amount of energy that they can borrow or take altogether. This is key to understanding the paranormal. Some examples of energy are electronic equipment, lights, cameras, batteries, cars, EMF pumps, water and human beings.

The Law of Energy Conservation, states energy can neither be created nor destroyed in a closed system. With this law all energy in the universe has been made, and our physical bodies are individual containers of personal energy. When the body dies energy is released back into the universe. It is the way air is released back into the atmosphere when a balloon pops.

With paranormal manifestation; almost always there is an unmistakable transfer of energy, from a known source to an unknown receiver. Some examples of transfer are a complete drain on equipment or simply a flickering light.

Certain areas can become imprinted with severe energy (as in the potter’s wheel heard as analyzed years later in pottery.) In residual areas activity can be heard as one form of recorded communication. Other areas respond during an investigation.

Many active paranormal places are mentioned and some are favorites. Static night vision cameras are used, along with EMF detectors in investigations to capture paranormal events, and contact responses. Orbs, intelligent haunting's and more are documented in this well written book. Quantum physics regards time in the universe as a series of branched events. I own a copy of this book and recommend it to those interested. ( )
  JanettLeeWawrzyniak | Jun 23, 2013 |
Before I get started, let me just say that I LOVE Ghost Adventures. I think the guys are pretty cool. I loved reading the behind the scenes stuff about the places they had visited, but my GOD Zak Bagans is full of himself. Case in point.

"You have to remember-while you're at home chilling comfortably on your couch watching this stuff on your flat screen tv, eating a Lunchable and stacking the cheese on your cracker sandwich, you can't FEEL what it's like to actually be in the company of one of these nasty spirits"

I kid you not, that IS a passage in the book. Reading this book, I got the feeling this man seems to think he's a God amoung paranormal investigators. Disagree if you must. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Ghost Adventures fan. But I think this man is full of bull. ( )
  mrs.monster13 | Jun 10, 2012 |
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love watching Ghost Adventures. I love watching Zak yell at walls, trying to provoke spirits or demons or both. I love Aaron’s faces. I find their approach to paranormal investigating to be far more interesting than other similar shows.

Unfortunately, this book doesn’t really capture that.

Zak is very well informed and enthusiastic about every single aspect of paranormal investigating. It was interesting to get snippets of his life outside of the show and before he stumbled upon his current career. The scientific bits, while presented concisely, were pretty dull and took up a good sixty pages.

A lot of the things mentioned in the book were things seen on the show, or in their original documentary. He would expand upon it, explaining mostly with feeling words what we had already witnessed on video.

There were also some sex vampires.

All this is well and good, but in between all this are the most ridiculous pop culture references. At one point he compares himself to Keanu Reeves from the 1992 version of Dracula. He also muses about Whoopi Goldburg’s character in Ghost. It really breaks up the flow of the writing. ( )
1 vote xfryx | Feb 5, 2012 |

Bagans brings you behind the cold walls of some of the world's most haunted prisons, hospitals, insane asylums, hotels, slaughterhouses, and mansions. He leads you on a terrifying ride through a vortex of dark energy-- places where innocent humans suffered beyond reason and still cry out for help.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible