Lonestar Angel by Colleen Coble

Lonestar Angel

by Colleen Coble

It all started with one lost woman, a desperate father, and an abducted child.
The most terrible thing that can happen to parents happened to this couple. Their child is kidnaped and thought dead. Their new marriage doesn't hold up to the challenge and she runs and files for divorce. Five years later, she is about to start her life over when the unthinkable happens. There is a photo of their daughter and they must work together to try to get her back. That is not the only blow, her ex-husband is not her ex but they are still married, he never signed the papers. This is a hard relationship, there are a lot of past hurts and a lot of misunderstandings and lack of communication. Working together will make them or break them. There is much to discover, many truths that need come out.
A sweet predictable story if love and forgiveness and some light bible moments. One big HEA ending. This is a Christian author, and she keeps it fairly light. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Lonestar Angel
Published by Thomas Nelson

I enjoyed this story greatly. It was suspenseful throughout and kept me guessing for 2/3rds of the story. It was a good blend of who was their child and who sent them there. I also enjoy series where you can see previous characters in supporting roles. It helps me determine whether their story is one that I would enjoy reading. I find Colleen Coble's style of writing to be varied, her ideas are to be realistic and make for exciting reads. Whether modern or historic her mysteries are ones that I wish to both rush through and hate to see end. It is always a treasure to see how people cling to the Lord during the hard times and this book is no exception to placing God as the one who leads. Ms. Coble's characters are always believable and promote the best in christian community. I would recommend this book to people and any other book written by Colleen Coble. ( )
  Robin661 | Jun 13, 2014 |
Eden is about to be proposed to when what she thinks is her ex husband arrives and tells her a) they are still married, b) their daughter that they thought had died is still alive.
Eden and Clay leave her life behind and head to where they believe their daughter is. They get hired at a camp for foster children taking care of the age group of their daughter. They take DNA samples of all of the girls in hope of finding out which one is theirs.
As you can tell just from that - there are a lot of things that do not hold true in the real world but we read books to get lost in the unreal world.
I enjoyed this book, I tried not to think too much about what was 'way out there' and just enjoyed the read, enjoyed the little Christian push, the romance, the mystery.
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Lonestar Angel is a suspenseful romance with a dash of faith. This book grabbed me from page one. It has all the ingredients for the perfect book. Eden and Clay both come from broken homes. They have a whirlwind romance that leaves Eden expecting. They marry and have a beautiful daughter named Brianna. What they don't have is faith in each other, their marriage or communication skills. When Brianna is kidnapped and presumed dead...their marriage falls apart. Eden runs from the pain and believes Clay only married her to do the right thing. Clay has loved Eden since the moment he laid eyes on her. His own fear keeps him from chasing her. Until five years later, when someone sends a photo with a message that Brianna is alive. What follows, will have you reading by flashlight in the middle of the night.
I really like protagonists Eden and Clay Larson. I found myself cheering for them and occasionally wanting to hit them both over the head. It is so obvious to the reader and characters in the novel that they love each other. These too self-doubters can't see how much they mean to each other and are too afraid to open up.
The children are so loveable and in need of a hug. Each child’s personality, fears and needs are beautifully expressed. I dare you not to fall in love with them. The other characters in the novel add depth and bring the Bluebird Ranch to life.
Coble spins a suspenseful tale. The mystery around Brianna's kidnapping, the recent letter and tragic events that occur, will have you turning the pages to discover the secrets. This is a faith based novel, but it isn't over salted and the romance is sweet.
I will be adding Colleen Coble to my favorite authors list and encourage you to read this delightful novel. Lonestar Angel would be the perfect holiday gift for anyone on your list who enjoys suspenseful romances.
I want to thank Book sneeze for this ARC, in exchange for my unbiased review.
You can see more of my reviews on my blog: http://kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/ ( )
  kimbacaffeinate | Mar 30, 2013 |
"Lonestar Angel" is a terrific and touching romantic suspense story from one of my favorite authors, Colleen Coble. Young married couple Eden and Clay Larson are devastated when their baby is kidnapped and the ransom delivery gone wrong results in the loss of their child. When their daughter Brianna is presumed dead, their marriage does not survive the tragedy, and Eden and Clay go their separate ways. Eden moves away and makes a new life, finding a renewed faith, and a new relationship. Clay continues his work as a photojournalist. Unbeknownst to Eden, Clay never signed their divorce papers, and he has never stopped looking for Brianna. He suddenly appears in Eden's life, informing her that not only are they still married, but he has information that Brianna is still alive. He convinces Eden to leave the new life she has created and come with him to find their daughter. Their search leads them to the Bluebird Ranch, a sanctuary for children and animals. Clay and Eden sign on as counselors in an effort to determine which one of the children is Brianna. Since the ranch is not far from Clay's home place, he has friends in the area, and he shows Eden his childhood home, which has been abandoned for years. Due to an inheritance from his grandmother, Clay has hopes of rebuilding the ranch and settling there for good. His heart's desire is to find his daughter and for Eden to rejoin him in their marriage. While Clay always thought that his work in the military was the reason for Brianna's kidnapping, fresh evidence surfaces that indicates that Eden's newly discovered family ties to a drug lord may have been involved. Eden's painful childhood with her critical and unreliable mother have left Eden with lingering doubts about her own character. Eden's father was married to someone else during his affair with her mother, and he was never a part of Eden's life. Her mother "entertained" men at their trailer park home, and eventually walked out and left eight year old Eden on her own. Brought up by strict foster parents, Eden feels she never comes up to par. The time that Clay and Eden have spent apart has been a time for them to reflect upon their early marriage, how each of them contributed to their split, and how their own childhoods shaped their characters. While they have grown as individuals, they have also grown in their faith. Being reunited, reliving their memories, and finding a new appreciation of each other rekindles their love. Can they be true to their own hearts, be strong in their faith, and bring home their precious daughter? Colleen Coble is a wonderful storyteller who creates compelling characters and involving story lines. This is the fourth book in the "Lonestar Series", and I look forward to reading the first three books in the series.

Review Copy Gratis Amazon Vine ( )
  gincam | Jan 11, 2012 |

When Eden Larson's estranged husband, Clay, delivers the news that their lost baby girl who was kidnapped years earlier may have been found, the couple's love for each other is rekindled as they investigate.

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,079,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible