Many Days, One Shabbat by Fran Manushkin

Many Days, One Shabbat

by Fran Manushkin

212495,208 (3)None

Lovely quiet book. I especially appreciate it because it's a book that shows a "daily life" aspect of faith and culture instead of just the holiday/special event piece.

I do think I'm trying to overthink how the title relates to the rest of the text, since the relationship between "many days, one Shabbat" seems to be different than the relationship between "one house, many rooms." (eg, They're not both "one thing with many parts" and I'm not sure the title is the reverse: "many things with one part." But there could be a way to think about Shabbat that I'm missing since I'm not Jewish.) ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
I liked the simple, rhythmic repetition. The illustrations were not to my taste at all. I really dislike modern cartoons, and the illustrations here are that style wherein eyes are dots, noses upside down 7s, mouths little moons. Everybody can't be McCloskey, certainly, but I'd prefer something with the rudiments of perspective observed. 3 stars for the text, 1 for the illustrations. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
From the Moskowitz Family

One light. Many candles. One challah. Many slices. A family gets ready to celebrate the Sabbath. It welcomes guests, enjoys a nice meal, and savors a few quiet moments together. Shabbat Shalom! Appealing watercolors add just the right touch to the festivities

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:14 -0400)

A family prepares for and celebrates shabbat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,400,675 books! | Top bar: Always visible