Air (A Novelette) (Elements of the Undead)…

Air (A Novelette) (Elements of the Undead)

by William Esmont

Short, sweet and jam packed with tension. ( )
  enemyanniemae | Sep 6, 2012 |
Chris goes to see his brother Dave in the hospital. Dave had a motorcycle accident and broke his leg. Upon arriving at the hospital Chris hears the nurse get a call and she tells him to vacate the hall and then she leaves. People all over the United States is getting sick with flu like symptoms. Chris tells Dave that they have to get out of there that being in a hospital is not a good place to be when everyone is getting sick. Chris and Dave witness people attacking and eating each other. Chris and Dave cannot comprehend what they are seeing.

Chris and Dave take off for the roof with a group of people to catch a ride on a helicopter. When the helicopter arrives there is not enough room for everyone. Chris is left on the roof trapped with zombies trying to brake down the door to the roof to get to him. The streets below are swarmed with zombies.

I have to say I was kinda disappointed with Air just a bit. Not with the story itself. I really enjoyed reading Air it was very intriguing. What disappointed me was the fact that I assumed that book 2 of the undead would continue with Megan and Jack's story from Fire but sadly it did not. I still liked Chris in Air though he has the heart of an angel. ( )
  The-Avid-Reader | Jun 2, 2012 |
prose seemed ok - I was just not getting into the flow ( )
  jason9292 | Jan 25, 2012 |
Fast, fast, fast, I have to agree with an earlier reviewer that it seemed like chapeter one of a longer story. One thing that is rarely addressed in this genre is suicide, i mean it's out there but it is a sideline not the main event. I look forward to reading more of Mr. Esmont's work.
  23blue | Nov 1, 2011 |
This is a very short fast read but lots of fun. The US has been hit by a zombie plague and there's no cure in sight. This story feels like the beginning of a longer book and I will definitely be looking out for it. ( )
  lostinalibrary | Oct 27, 2011 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

William Esmont's book Air (An Elements of The Undead Novelette) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

William Esmont is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,449,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible