Dark Kiss of the Reaper by Kristen Painter

Dark Kiss of the Reaper

by Kristen Painter

I admit it, it was the cover that first attracted me; and a mortal woman falling in love with the Angel of Death? Wonderful! From the blurb, I expected this to have a Christian-based angel mythology, but the author chose a Greek-inspired one that worked better than I exected. Azrael is the Reaper of Mercy, assigned to collect souls The Fates have deemed worthy. When he visits a hospital to reap a soul, Sara sees him - the only mortal who can see him in his Reaper form. Though his brother reapers have indulged in casual flings with humans, Azrael has refused to do so - until his curiosity compels him to learn more about her, and show her what he really is. Sara is skittish after a failed marriage, but it equally drawn to Azrael. But will the Fates allow them to find happiness?

This story didn't bring anything new or unique to the paranormal romance genre, but I loved the simple and satisfying romance. Azrael and Sara are almost innocent in their love and I found that refreshing. Readers expecting explicit sex may be disappointed. The sex is of the fade-to-black variety that was very fitting for a love story. I liked these characters, and would love to read a sequel. Surely Kol deserves to find love just as Azrael did? Overall, I couldn't put this down and will definitely look for more by this author. ( )
  jshillingford | Oct 10, 2011 |

He'll steal her heart, then take her soul... The Angel of Death has a name: Azrael. He also has a purpose - to soothe the souls of the suffering into the peaceful passage of the afterlife. But in his twilight existence, Azrael himself has never known peace or pleasure... Until he meets Sara, the first mortal who can somehow see him in his Reaper form. Charming and spirited despite bearing her own burdens, she intoxicates him with the pleasures of life, even taming his brutal dark side with her fearlessness. But Azrael's new happiness is short-lived when he realizes Sara's health is fading. The bright flame of her life is about to be blown out. And he's to blame.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible