The Sopaths by Piers Anthony

The Sopaths

by Piers Anthony

162615,960 (2.5)1 / 1

Possibly the most retarded book ever written. ( )
  librarylord99 | Sep 1, 2016 |
I read a lot of piers anthony as a kid. I really like the incarnations of immortality series, especially for love of evil, on a pale horse and the one about time and death. I read some of the xanth stuff but don't remember it very well. At any rate, this bool is much draker than anything else I've read by anthony. If you aren't old enough to drive a car you have no business reading this book. And I'm super lenient-my five year old is hooked on the blade and underworld movies and I won't even discuss this book with my husband around him.
That being said I really enjoyed this book. I read some blog that talked about psychopaths in the workplace andthat got me rooting around the web for more info. I am convinced that I have worked with at least sociopath if not more. This book is more than it seems. One thing I've always liked about piers anthony is the rich complexity that underlies the deseptive simplicity of his writing. This book could be read by anybody with an eighth grade reading level but the issues that it addresses are far from being childish or one dimensional. It questions the nature of what makes us human and some ofthe problems facing society.
I would not read this book if you can't handle reading aboutreally messed up violent and sexua content, especially since most of those things involve little kids.l ( )
  ampipsmith | Jun 16, 2012 |

Killing children is an ugly business, but the alternative is so much uglier. Abner Slate just watched his five-year-old daughter, Olive, kill his wife and son. Olive is a sopath. Born without souls, sopaths are children who will lie, cheat, rape, and murder to get what they want. There's one in every family these days, destroying America's heartland from within. After murdering his daughter in self-defense, Abner is taken in by a secret network of sopath victims called Pariah. Through Pariah, he meets other sopath victims who band together to form a temporary nuclear family. But the sopath threat is getting worse, and soon their quaint little neighborhood is overrun by murderous, drug-running children. Now, on a mission for Pariah, Abner and his makeshift family must travel across the country to a mysterious town that contains a secret powerful enough to stop the sopath crisis. Instead, they find the most seductive and ruthless sopath of all. Her name is Autopsy, and she would like to add Abner to her slave collection. The old morality is dead. Now the sopaths will stalk the earth.

The most controversial work by New York Times-bestselling author Piers Anthony. Killing children is an ugly business, but the alternative is so much uglier. Abner Slate just watched his five-year-old daughter, Olive, kill his wife and son. Olive is a sopath. Born without souls, sopaths are children who will lie, cheat, rape, and murder to get what they want. There's one in every family these days, destroying America's heartland from within. After murdering his daughter in self-defense, Abner is taken in by a secret network of sopath victims called Pariah. Through Pariah, he meets other sopath victims who band together to form a temporary nuclear family. But the sopath threat is getting worse, and soon their quaint little neighborhood is overrun by murderous, drug-running children. Now, on a mission for Pariah, Abner and his makeshift family must travel across the country to a mysterious town that contains a secret powerful enough to stop the sopath crisis. Instead, they find the most seductive and ruthless sopath of all. Her name is Autopsy, and she would like to add Abner to her slave collection. The old morality is dead. Now the sopaths will stalk the Earth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,370,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible