Fire Bubbles and Exploding Toothpaste: More…

Fire Bubbles and Exploding Toothpaste: More Unforgettable Experiments that…

by Steve Spangler

261415,071 (5)None

When I requested this book from Netgalley, I hadn't realize I had picked up this book before. I saw Steve Spangler on tv and had to pick up his book for my son. We got it from the library and it was a hit.
Fire Bubbles and Exploding Toothpaste is the ultimate science book for kids who like science messy.
The book starts off with a must-read safety lesson. Steve Spangler has created multiple science experiments that can get out of hand if not properly respected. That's not to say that your children are in danger but accidents happen.
Each experiment is followed with an explanation of the science and it's real world application. Great for homeschooling or those involved with educational programs like Boy Scouts.
Dotted here and there is information on Steve Spangler and how he used the science, such as how he used the first experiment, the windbag, to break a Guinness World Record.
Most of the experiments use common articles such as plastic bottles and are a great way to add a recycling component to the lesson.
So far, our favorite - the skewer through the balloon. Definitely one for the birthday party. ( )
  SDPogue | Sep 27, 2011 |

From floating bowling balls to the tea bag rocket, this title features easy experiments for the whole family. Primarily uses household items.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,427,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible