Granny Square Love: A New Twist on a Crochet…

Granny Square Love: A New Twist on a Crochet Classic for Your Home

by Sarah London

181561,019 (4)None

First of all, let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of Sarah London, have been reading her blog since she first started writing one, & I'm also ravelry friends with her.

The book starts as with so many other crochet books, with a how to section. I really, really, really hate seeing that in so many books, I always feel if you are a beginner crocheter, you'd be getting a whole how-to book out of the library or from the bookstore, you wouldn't just pick up a random crochet book & hope there's a how to section in it. To me, it's really a waste of space in the book & a waste of money, but that may just be me.

As with all of London's stuff, all of the projects in the book are very bright & colorful, which is why she has so many fans. The projects are beautifully photographed, with both full shots & close up views. There are 25 projects included in the book, & they are all very beginner friendly. The focus here is on color, not stitches, and each project includes some tips on picking color.

My absolute favorite project is the Grocer's Tote, which is also featured on London's blog.

I won a copy of this book as part of London's blog tour. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 144031294X, Paperback)

Color your world with granny squares!

The granny square is a classic crochet motif that has graced innumerable afghans. In Granny Square Love author Sarah London breathes new life into this tried-and-true favorite by taking this motif out of the afghan so that you can use it throughout your home or make a quick gift for any occasion. Flip through Granny Square Love and find: Clear, simple crochet instructions. Even if you've never held a crochet hook before, the step-by-step instructions in Chapter One will quickly teach you the skills to crochet to your heart's content. 25 bright, beautiful projects for every room of the house. Try a traditional project like a potholder for your kitchen or a comfy cushion for your sofa or bed. If you're feeling bold, make a headboard for your bed, a Christmas stocking for your mantel or a handy pocket for your favorite apron! Expert tips from Sarah on color and design. Let the color discussion accompanying each project encourage you to go forth boldly to experiment and ignite your work with color! Let Sarah London share her love of granny squares with you and transform your home into a colorful crochet dream.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:23 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,369,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible