Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Goddess (2013)

by Josephine Angelini

English (20)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All (22)
Why did I read Goddess?
This has been such a fantastic trilogy. I love the way the author weaves in mythology, epic poetry and other tales into this trilogy. Angelini is truly a fantastic storyteller. Reading Goddess was a no-brainer for me as I have enjoyed the journey thus far and couldn't wait to see how it would end.

What did I love most about this book in particular?
I think this is hands-down the best book in the trilogy. So much was revealed concerning the Scions' previous lives and the roles that they have played throughout history. In addition to that there was the tension of an impending battle. This battle introduced some twists that I didn't see coming at all. I just really loved this book and the trilogy as a whole.

How was the romance?
It all turns out okay in the end, but what a journey we had to take to get there! This was a hard love triangle to witness because there were so many outside factors influencing feelings and outcomes. It is also a triangle where you can't help but love both of the guys involved and you just want them both to be happy. I think the way it is ultimately handled is really perfect. I'm left satisfied overall.

Is this a satisfying conclusion to the Starcrossed trilogy?
I've already mentioned that I thought this was the best book in the trilogy and I think that is very telling. This was a fantastic ending. I was left satisfied yet I can't help but hope to someday be able to return to this world and see what else may happen. At first glance it seems as if everything was neatly tied up with a little bow but then you realize that the author shared some details that leave the door open to future books which excites me! In addition to that it is clear that not everyone has a happy ending, which I find to be refreshing. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
This series is consistently strong. No weak books or weak moments. ( )
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
I do own a copy of this book back home, but because I can't wait for my things to arrive, I downloaded an ebook edition to my smartphone, with one chapter on my belt, I got to say this is going to be good.

The conclusion to this trilogy felt fastidious and over the top, very fanciful and made up that it kind of destroyed the whole series for me. In all honesty the last 150 pages were a bit of a Tartarus for me: a realm of exaggerated nightmare. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This was okay, but something just didn't settle well with me in the end. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 22, 2016 |
For my husband, Albert.  This was all your fault.
Helen could see what she guessed was the River Styx just off to her left.

"After being tricked into releasing the gods from their capitiviy on Olympus, Helen Hamilton must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devasting war, all while fighting the ever-growing passion she feels for her forbidden love, Lucas Delos"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,459,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible