Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Destiny (edition 2012)

by Colleen Houck

Member:sbehncke
Title:Tiger's Destiny
Authors:Colleen Houck
Info:Hodder & Stoughton Ltd (2012), Paperback
Rating:*****

Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

“A smart woman uses all the tools at her disposal to obtain what she desires.”

[‎Friday, ‎January ‎04, ‎2013] Kelsey, Ren and Kishan race against time and the evil sorcerer Lokesh on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal as they seek Durga’s final gift, the Rope of Fire, that will finally break the tiger’s curse.

“Ren turned toward me and pressed my hand against his heart. “Kelsey, my blood pounds and my heart races when you’re near. I have to make a conscious effort to restrain myself from touching you. From taking you into my arms. From kissing you. I would almost rather be tortured by Lokesh again than be tormented everyday like this be seeing you with Kishan.”

[‎Thursday, ‎October ‎10, ‎2013] As every bookaholic knows, sometimes there are many great books out there that you want to read at once. But sometimes there are unfinished books that you feel guilty not finishing. So I decided to wrap-up all the unfinished books and start fresh next year in 2014. Besides that, Colleen Houck did NOT set a date for the fifth book of the Tiger’s Curse saga, so YES I am VERY afraid to finish this one. So a few weeks ago I was done with good numbers and I returned to Kelsey, Ren and Kishan’s adventure to free the tigers from Lokesh’s curse. And some readers reviews freaked me out but I have my own intuition.

“You are my home, Kelsey. Wherever you are is where I belong.”

I reached chapter 23 “Chimera”, page 257. I think Kishan will either be with Durga, raised to evermore immortal and a lover or Lokesh’s daughter Princess Yesubai when Lokesh dies. I think with his death and the curse being broken, all his victims will either live again or be reincarnated into other people around Kelsey. Even Mr. Kadam. I have many other theories, but one thing I will be sad if it ended [beside the series of course] is Ren and Kishan never changing into tiger’s again.

Well, I don’t know… let’s see what the end holds… *finger’s crossed* I really want Ren and Kelsey together.

[‎Sunday, ‎December ‎08, ‎2013] The ending of this book disappointed me in so many levels. For 3 and 4¾ books we've been living in a teasing foreplay for something spicy to happen between Ren and Kelsey but nothing happened, okay they got married but the ending wasn't satisfying. Durga and Kishan have been flirting nonstop for the two last books, I hoped the author would be strong enough to create real characters with real feelings. I mean the book would have been 100 times better if Kishan fell in love with Durga and married her, not the whole sacrifice bull! I just wasn't enthralled by the ending. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
“A smart woman uses all the tools at her disposal to obtain what she desires.”

“You are my home, Kelsey. Wherever you are is where I belong.”

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
The cast has grown onto new roles and have neared the end of their quest. Kelsey is still torn between the two tigers. Usually this triangle bit is an irritant but it works here. Still I found myself yelling at her to just say something, it was never the right time. This level of the quest had some high costs. there is a lot of death. Two of my favorite characters, are lost. Oh yeah, sad, tearjerker.
I love the mythology weaved through this series. It is so fresh and new to me I was intrenched with every word. It is a YA novel, no sex, but there is some violence.
Wait till you read the ending !* Excellent * I am surprised there will be another book this book seemed like it wrapped everything up.
Kelsey- less annoying, and grown up, has some major time to shine
Ren- sexy, blue eyed gentle Tiger
Kishan- sexy, hot headed, Tiger
Nilima- Sweet daughter of Mr. Kadam
Mr. Kadam- The mysterious keeper of the Tigers
Durga- Goddess, with a confused past
Lokesh- twisted sick rotten......
and many more exciting returning and new characters ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
god dammit. I was so ready to rate this at the most 3 stars halfway through the book because I was sick of the love triangle and it didn't seem to progress anywhere. However, the ending was just so brilliant(heartbreaking and all BUT YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET PITCH PERFECT ENDINGS) 3 stars wouldn't do it justice. I just wanna say that I miss Kishan terribly. Just. terribly. I've always rooted for Ren to be by Kelsey's side and while I knew they were going to end up together, I didn't think Kishan wouldn't be by her side still. I only realised how much I like him in the end :'( ( )
  novewong | Jul 8, 2015 |
This was a well done conclusion to this YA fantasy series. I know there is a fifth book planned for this series, called The Tiger’s Dream. However, since release is undetermined for that book and this book does an excellent job wrapping up the series...I am considering it the wrap-up/final book for this series. There is a lot of adventure and action and mythology in here which I loved. I was still frustrated by the whole love triangle; it makes the characters (who are otherwise pretty intelligent) come of as dumb and immature.

There is only one prophecy left in the Tiger’s Curse. To break the last portion of the curse Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan must travel to one of the islands in the Bay of Bengal to track down the Rope of Fire. With Lokesh is hot on their heels things are more dire than ever. Can Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan break the last part of the Tiger’s Curse before it’s too late?

I still have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this series. I love the adventure, travel, and mythology. I hate the love triangle and the inconsistency and vagueness around how the magic items work.

In this book there is more travel, excitement, and adventure as we get to travel to the Andaman Islands. All of our favorite characters are here. We meet even more mythical creatures and even get to travel through time to see the origins of the Goddess Durga.

While I really enjoy the setting and magic in this series I continue to be very frustrated about the whole love triangle thing. Kelsey is just being cruel to Kishan and has been for the last two books. With all the “energy” between her and Ren and the way they would both rather die than be apart from each other how can she keep stringing along Kishan? Then there is Kishan’s attitude; he loves all the pretty women and although he professes love for Kelsey he doesn’t shy from ogling others. It’s just silly. Still to prevent spoilers I won’t say who Kelsey ends up with...however I will say it is very predictable and pretty much a no brainer. Why the angst over it for these last couple books?

Anyway, I enjoyed the plot in this book a lot and loved how the final portion of the Tiger’s Curse was broken. The time travel added an interesting twist to everything and I enjoyed it. A lot happens in this book and the story takes some interesting twists and turns.

Things are absolutely and completely tied up in this book. There aren’t any loose ends at all; so I am not sure why a fifth book is planned for this series. On Huock’s blog she mentions that the release for book 5, The Tiger’s Dream, is undetermined because she is working on other projects. I also read that Book 5 is supposed to talk about Kelsey and her life after the curse (again omitting any Tiger names to prevent spoilers).

Overall a good conclusion to this YA fantasy series. I have loved the adventure, the travel, the magic, and the curse breaking in this series. I enjoyed the characters as well. I hated, hated, hated the love triangle. It felt so forced throughout and made the characters seem dumb...it just didn’t do the story or the characters justice at all. I also didn’t like how inconsistent the use of the magic items was; they don’t seem to follow any rhyme or reason. I don’t really plan on reading any more books by Huock, but I would recommend this series if you are looking for a good YA adventure fantasy and don’t mind corny love triangles. ( )
  krau0098 | Jun 27, 2015 |

Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan race against time and the evil sorcerer Lokesh on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal as they seek Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, that will finally break the tiger's curse.

84 wanted1 pay8 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,423,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible