Occupants by Henry Rollins

Occupants

by Henry Rollins

2011 (1) 2016 (1) Bangladesh (1) Bhopal (1) Black Flag (1) Box 075 (1) Burma (1) China (1) December (1) December 2016 (1) England (1) India (1) Indonesia (1) Iraq (1) Kuwait (1) library (1) Mali (1) non-fiction (6) Okinawa (1) photographs (1) photography (10) Russia (1) Saudi Arabia (1) signed (4) Syria (1) Thailand (1) travel (1) USA (1) Vietnam (1) world (1)

I wasn't disappointed in the photographs which were arresting, but I was disappointed, confused and sometimes annoyed by the random rants that accompanied each of them. I often wasn't sure what Rollins (the author) was talking about, referencing or if maybe he was speaking in someone else's voice. I ended-up, after reading the first dozen or so little rants, just skimming the rest of them. What I did find interesting though was the descriptions at the end of the book detailing who was in the photos, what was going on and the significance.

An interesting concept, but it seemed to end-up being more about the author than the subjects of his photographs. ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |

ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |

"This book is a visual testimony of anger, suffering, and resilence. [It] will help us realize what is so easy to miss when tragedy and terror become numbing, constant forces - the quiter, stronger forces of healing, solidarity, faith, and even joy."--Book jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,573,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible