GRANDPA HATES THE BIRD: Six Short Stories of…

GRANDPA HATES THE BIRD: Six Short Stories of Exciting, Hilarious and…

by Eve Yohalem

This is a wonderful book for a child. It has something ever child needs...LAUGHTER. This is a great book to read to your child or allow the child to read it their-self. The author has this book written at a child's level but it is a great book for any age if you need some laughter in your life. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
I requested this book on LibraryThing last year, but couldn't read it at once. This summer, it was a great pleasure that I could enjoy this quick and funny reading to relax myself!
Although I'm not sure it is for kids (my son is 8 but doesn't read english), it is alright for adults ;)

http://www.amazon.com/review/RXHI72ROG2KJ4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm ( )
  valcas | Oct 26, 2012 |
As a bird owner myself, I was interested in reading this book. How well would the author capture the birds' point of view? Would I find it humorous at all, or vaguely amusing?

Happily, Ms. Yohalem has written a rich and wonderful set of stories about a Conure named "Bird" and the family lives with. Seen from Birds' perspective, humans are an awfully strange bunch, and his antics I found to be hilarious and spot-on with bird behavior. I can see these thoughts running through my own Nanday Conure's mind as I read the stories.

I would highly recommend this for bird lovers as well as someone looking for a good chuckle.

I received this book through a giveaway at LibraryThing.com in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. ( )
  bluelotus28 | Jul 14, 2012 |

Recommended Age: +13

Reviewed By: Emily Tuley / AngelsCryHavoc

Blog Reviewed For: Great Minds Think Aloud Literary Community

Rating: 5 Ravens

Often times we look for a book that will just give you a good tickle to that funny bone and make you laugh. Something that will break into what may be a boring typical day or just when you need a good laugh. This book definitely did that for me. The author took the time to not only get the perfect little imperfections down with the pet but, also with Grandpa. It’s a collection of short stories told from the family pet’s point of view. The pet being known and called only the Bird which he explains how he got that name as well.

It’s funny and down right hilarious at times to hear the antics of the bird and grandpa’s escapades. You get glimpses of every special moment in life that he’s shared with his kids and their grandparents. To the present day moment. It left me wanting more and to read more about this adorable seeming co existence between the grandparent and the grand kids pet. You even get to see what grandpa really prefers as a pet.

I couldn’t seem to shake my giggles and maybe you will enjoy them as much as I did too. It certainly brightened my day. ( )
  Angelscryhavoc | Mar 27, 2012 |
This is a fun and funny book of short stories told from the perspective of the family's pet parrot. Definitely a good read for a rainy afternoon when you need a chuckle. ( )
  lostinalibrary | Feb 9, 2012 |

Eve Yohalem is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,062,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible