The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

The Wedding Dress

by Rachel Hauck

I liked this book, but I do wish it were broken up into more than one book. I find Emily's story to be rich and would have liked to know about her story.
  mparrish46 | Jul 18, 2017 |
This was a story that took me by surprise and after figuring out where the story was going, I was hooked. I would like to copy the author's note at the back of the book as it was precious: "As I prayed over this book, I began to see the wedding dress as a symbol for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It never wears out. It fits everyone who tries it on. It doesn't need to be altered. And it's always in style. The truth and love of Jesus is alive today. It is for everyone. Whether you've been hindered through culture or family like Emily, or gifted with the Gospel like Marcy Grace, or wounded like Hillary, or lost and looking for redemption like Charlotte, Jesus provides the healing and answer we are all looking for. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Not for a select few. But for each one of us."

Charlotte owns a Birmingham bridal boutique and does a great job of finding the perfect dress for her brides. She just can't seem to find the time though to plan her own wedding to Tim; so it shouldn't have surprised her when Tim wants to back off from the wedding date and take it slower. Charlotte will find an old but in perfect condition wedding dress in an old trunk to bids on at an estate sale. This will begin her search to discover the story behind this dress. You will meet Emily the original owner of it from 1912, Mary Grace from 1939 and Hillary from 1968; and all three ladies will have a different story to tell that is precious and endearing. And Charlotte will discover so much more about herself, her family and her feelings for Tim along this great journey, all about 'the Wedding Dress'. Great job Rachel Hauck! This story is a keeper on my bookshelf. ( )
  judyg54 | Jul 17, 2017 |
Interesting premise- but too sappy to really enjoy. ( )
  HelenGress | Feb 14, 2017 |
I really liked this story. My only complaint here is that I never felt true love between the two love interests. It aS as though they approached things from a more logical standpoint. The story line was original and I was invested heavily in the outcome. ( )
  StephLaymon | Jan 26, 2016 |
Beautiful story linking one dress to four women through history and faith. ( )
  murphyrules | Nov 26, 2014 |

Four brides. One Dress.

A tale of faith, redemption, and timeless love.

Charlotte owns a chic Birmingham bridal boutique. Dressing brides for their big day is her gift... and her passion. But with her own wedding day approaching, why can’t she find the perfect dress…or feel certain she should marry Tim?

Then Charlotte discovers a vintage dress in a battered trunk at an estate sale. It looks brand-new—shimmering with pearls and satin, hand-stitched and timeless in its design. But where did it come from? Who wore it? Who welded the lock shut and tucked the dog tags in that little sachet? Who left it in the basement for a ten-year-old girl? And what about the mysterious man in the purple vest who insists the dress had been “redeemed.”

Charlotte’s search for the gown’s history—and its new bride—begins as a distraction from her sputtering love life. But it takes on a life of its own as she comes to know the women who have worn the dress. Emily from 1912. Mary Grace from 1939. Hillary from 1968. Each with her own story of promise, pain, and destiny. And each with something unique to share. For woven within the threads of the beautiful hundred-year-old gown is the truth about Charlotte’s heritage, the power of courage and faith, and the timeless beauty of finding true love.

"One dress. Four women. An amazing destiny. Charlotte Malone is getting married. Yet all is not settled in the heart of Birmingham's chic bridal boutique owner. Charlotte can dress any bride to perfection-except herself. When she discovers a vintage mint-condition wedding gown in a battered old trunk, Charlotte embarks on a passionate journey to discover the women who wore the gown before her. Emily in 1912. Mary in 1939. And Hillary in 1968. Each woman teaches Charlotte something about love in her own unique way. Woven within the threads of the beautiful hundred-year-old gown is the truth about Charlotte's heritage, the power of faith, and the beauty of finding true love"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,119,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible