Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi…

Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)

by Abbi Glines

Oh. My. God. I'm in total fangirl mode right now. My reaction to this books is a surprise to me, don't know where in the book I started swooning that made me end it squealing like a silly teenage girl (definitely not a teenager). Dank definitely got my heart all-a-flutter every time he appears in the story (and yes I do remember it's a story). A really good cover choice it gave the perfect guy to picture, and cover boy could certainly make me think it was all real.

So Pagan and Dank? The names definitely threw me for a loop, I thought what unfortunate names for characters. I didn't think the book was about atheism or depressing weather but the names certainly has a darkness and sadness to them. I guess I really needed to find meaning in the names for the story, and the story's supernatural element had a kind of darkness to it and Death or the Grim Reaper himself always brings that edge of darkness and creepiness. With Dank I more felt sadness and regret. His existence was one of emptiness and loneliness, he must live without ever experiencing the love of another, that was until he met Pagan.

Pagan can see the souls of the dead as far back as she can remember. These souls never talked back and always seemed lost and confused but mostly they annoyed her. So when she saw Dank, talkative and aware, she was surprised, annoyed as usual but ambivalent about having this unusual soul around her, she thought she needed to lose his attention quickly. That was so not happening. *swoon*

My brain is a jumbly mess right now so that's all your gonna get outta me on the book.

I really enjoyed this book, at first I wasn't too happy about the drama between Pagan and Dank's inevitable relationship; but to see Pagan's feelings for Dank just slowly creeping up on her was sweet. A very captivating story, on to the next book. No really!

GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
My only real response to this book was:

or It took everything in me to finish this book and the entire time I was like AM I DONE YET? I have to say maybe it is because I just finished a GREAT paranormal or maybe because this book was so darn boring for 80% of the book. I have to say that the last few pages were pretty good but, I didn't like this one.

Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
It was pretty good, fairly short though. Overall it's a thumbs up. Will definitely read the next one. ( )
  RoseyEm | Jul 14, 2016 |
No-recomendado por Violante.

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I was swept up by this story of a girl named Pagan who, for reasons unknown, is able to see the souls of the dearly departed. When she meets one who can actually speak to her, she knows something is different about him. After building up to it for 90% of the book, the author finally spells out what sort of being he is. Oh, but that will be no surprise to anyone who's read the opening line of the book description. Ugh! I try to avoid giving more than a cursory glance to most blurbs for just that reason. I hate knowing too much going into a story. It spoils the fun. ( )
  Dawn94 | Dec 20, 2014 |

Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they leave her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead. When he speaks to her, Pagan is fascinated. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near, and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all. He is Death-- and he's about to break all the rules.… (more)

Abbi Glines is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

41 wanted2 pay3 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,838,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible