Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Fundamentals of Telecommunications Network Management
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0780334663, Hardcover)"In this practical tutorial, a world-class expert shows you how to transform the promises of Telecommunications Management Network (TMN) into a reality. You will find a useful road map to the development of the standards underlying TMN and how to take the specifications of these standards and apply them to product development. Drawing from her professional experience as manager of a team implementing TMN standards, author Lakshmi G. Raman shows service providers what they can ask of their suppliers, helps developers grasp key insights into TMN specifications, and provides practicing telecommunications engineers with a clear guide on how TMN standards meet the overall goals of network management.
In FUNDAMENTALS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK MANAGEMENT, you will learn:
* Essential features of TMN architectures and System or Network Management Protocol
* Representation of information models using GDMO
* How to develop information models using object-oriented principles
* Future direction of TMN based on recent developments in distributed processing
Plus, you'll find:
* Useful examples of information models to manage telecommunications network equipment and services
* A comprehensive account of interoperability in a multi-supplier environment
* A detailed explanation of Common Management Information Service Element
This must-read book offers any system designer, developer, network manager, or network operator in telecommunications an in-depth discussion of TMN that is simply unmatched in the field."
IEEE Communications Society.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:06 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.